Simple Board

Share pictures of your racks and pedalboards featuring Voodoo Lab products.
Copperhead

Simple Board

Post by Copperhead »

The ever-changing working board, basic stuff. I prefer straight into the amp tone, but using a coupla pedals is a "necessary evil."
This is why I love the Pedal Switcher, great cable only tone, with the option of an outstanding buffer for large stage gigs that require longer cable runs.
Much thanks to John Clark for all his help and outstanding customer service!!

RaggedTelecaster

Re: Simple Board

Post by RaggedTelecaster »

does the switcher work as well as they say?
JB - Ohio

Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

Works great!
This unit had a jack that went bad, but John fixed me up in no time. Very happy with the support and customer service.
Pedal Switcher has been working flawlessly since the repair.

Trueman

Post by Trueman »

Cool setup! What patch cables are you using there?
Connoisseur of good tone.

http://www.john-trueman.com : Guitarist from Down Under
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz

Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

Trying a coupla different brands, but DiMarzio is the best to my ear. I've tried more expensive cable, but IMO DiMarzio is the brightest and clearest, and certainly a good value. Not "cheap" but not priced exotically either.

RaggedTelecaster

Hi,
Is it a simple loop (send/return) for each switch and when the switches are off is it true bypass w/o loss of noticeable signal? Also, you can select more than one at a time, right?
Thanks
John in Ohio

Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

Yes and Yes.
Closest thing possible to retaining the straight into amp sound, while having the option to add a pedal or four.... or more if you link pedals together.
The buffer input is really nice. Very handy for when you have a bigger stage and longer cable runs are required.
This buffer sounds better than any in a pedal I've heard yet. I went back and forth between buffer input, 20' cable to switcher, 20' cable to amp, and 10' cable straight into amp from guitar.
Very, very close. (40' of cable with a buffer and the Pedal Switcher in the middle) Very slight loss of signal level and very slight loss of high highs. Certainly nothing you're going to notice on stage!

bbrunskill

Post by bbrunskill »

Which arion is that? and what's the pedal at top right?

Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

It's a delay/sampler thing... I use it for very light delay only, very nice sounding. I found it at a yard sale for $5.00

The other pedal is a Krankshaft. It's Krank's take on a tube screamer. I know the OD debates rage on and on in forums...
This model to me sounds the best with my Krank Revolution Series One. I've tried a few of the popular models. I set up the dirt channel with just enough gain for rhythms, and use the OD to slam the input for leads. It sounds so natural with this amp, it's like having a third channel.

I know this is a manufacturers forum. With all apologies to Voodoo Lab I have not tried the Sparkle Drive. I'm sure it is an excellent pedal and would surely be every bit as good as what I'm using now.

RaggedTelecaster

I can tell you this about the sparkle drive.
It is fantastic for getting punch and for enhancing a lo-wattage amp, but for overdrive I use something different.