When using current doubler with pedal power 2+

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
carstenlange

When using current doubler with pedal power 2+

Post by carstenlange »

What are you doing inside the cable that is preventing any grounding loops from having 2 outlets wired in Parrnell?

Or is having the 2 grounds connected ok and not treated as 2 paths to ground via two separate isolated outputs?

need to know cause I was going to make a little box that uses 3 pedal power 2+ outlets and wire them all up in parallel for 300mA.
Custom Audio Amplifiers PT100
Bogner Ecstasy 101B
Carvin electric guitars

JohnClark

Re: When using current doubler with pedal power 2+

Post by JohnClark »

Nothing special has to be done, there is no possibility of creating a ground loop here. You can tie all the outputs together in parallel if you want!

So what exactly are you powering? There may be another way to do it that wouldn't require all this.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

carstenlange

Re: When using current doubler with pedal power 2+

Post by carstenlange »

JohnClark wrote:Nothing special has to be done, there is no possibility of creating a ground loop here. You can tie all the outputs together in parallel if you want!

So what exactly are you powering? There may be another way to do it that wouldn't require all this.

I was going to send 400ma down 2 pins of a midi cable to my board to power some pedals. I was going to make a little electro box interface to do this.
Custom Audio Amplifiers PT100
Bogner Ecstasy 101B
Carvin electric guitars