Eventide H9 and Pedal Power 2 +

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
jeff_g

Eventide H9 and Pedal Power 2 +

Post by jeff_g »

Hi! I just bought the H9, I saw here that I needed a voltage doubler cable (just got it today) and use the reverse polarity (red tip) cable on outputs 5 and 6 with DIP switches set to normal. Hooked it all up that way and it still doesn’t work. Am I missing something? I know it’s summer; doesn’t anyone work here? :-)
Last edited by jeff_g on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rez

Re: Eventide H9 and Pedal Power 2 +

Post by Rez »

Do not use a voltage doubler adapter....

What is needed is a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP (it has a green inline jack on one end).

To power the H9 with Pedal Power 2 Plus, use a Current Doubler Adapter in Pedal Power 2 Plus outputs 4 and 5 (or 6 and 7), DIP switches set normal and the reverse polarity cable (red/black connectors partPPL6) supplied w/ your Pedal Power 2 Plus.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

jeff_g

Re: *bump* Eventide H9 and Pedal Power 2 +

Post by jeff_g »

Please forgive the “bump”; I had checked the box to be notified when I received a reply to my original post but I never got a notification that you had replied.

How annoying. I followed a link directly from one of your people’s (at least I think it was one of your people) replies to a similar thread informing another user that the voltage doubler was the cable that was needed. $12 and 10 days later I have a cable I can’t use, and now I just ordered another one, another $12. I hope this one works.

jeff_g

Post by jeff_g »

Ooops, ok...lets start over. I DID order (and receive) the proper cable (current doubler). I just ordered another one like a dummy (order# 19114) and i’d love to cancel it if I can.
It still doesn’t power up my H9. Any advice? Thanks, and sorry for the confusion on my end.

Rez

Post by Rez »

Hmm... Are you using Pedal Power 2 Plus (and not the older Pedal Power 2)?

Also, regarding canceling the cable order, just send an email to: info@voodoolab.com and we'll assist.
Cheers,
Ben Resnick

jeff_g

Post by jeff_g »

Yes, pedal power 2 plus. I’ll send that email, thank you!

Rez

Post by Rez »

It definitely should work, setup:

To power the Eventide H9 with Pedal Power 2 Plus, use a: Current Doubler Adapter in Pedal Power 2 Plus outputs 5 and 6, DIP switches set normal and the reverse polarity cable (red/black connectors partPPL6) supplied w/ your Pedal Power 2 Plus.

If this is not the case, something is malfunctioning.

Will outputs 5 and 6 work to power other 9VDC pedals?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick

jeff_g

Post by jeff_g »

5 and 6 do indeed work to power other pedals.

Rez

Post by Rez »

Certainly, Voodoo Lab will inspect and repair your Pedal Power 2 Plus if/as necessary. But... it's quite rare that a high current output would malfunction in such a way as to work only for low current pedals.

Is the H9 still powering fine with its original adapter?
Cheers,
Ben Resnick

jeff_g

Post by jeff_g »

The H9 works fine with its original power supply. I also tested 5 and 6 separately with a Digitech FreqOut (which I’m pretty sure draws 230mA) and they both power it just fine. Is there a way I could test this with a multimeter? I don’t know what I’m doing with it, but I have one and can follow directions, lol. Perhaps the issue lies in the doubler or the reverse polarity cable?