Moog, Line 6, Strymon, others

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
bryanrd6

Moog, Line 6, Strymon, others

Post by bryanrd6 »

Hi All,

New member - learning more, yet still challenged. I poked around for answers before posting, but still a little unsure and, of course, don't want to fry anything!

I am putting together a board that will rotate a few things in and out, but more or less will be the same "footprint" and power needs. Currently, I have a Voodoo Lab "Pedal Power AC" that is handling a couple Beigel Sound Lab pedals and works great. From there, a handful of 9v negative pedals (some higher current, some not.) More on that in sec...

I would like to also like to power up to 3 Moogerfoogers (Murf, RingMod, FreqBox, etc.) at a time. Up to 3 Strymons (El Capistan, Deco, Flint, etc.) at a time. A Line 6 DL-4 (says 9 volt negative, but 1200ma?). A Warm Sound Jet phaser (18v neg). And, a couple EHX's - Ravish Sitar and B9 organ.

Trying to sort what else is needed - looking at Pedal Power 3+ (or Mondo?) Hoping that I can power a lot of the "regular 9v" pedals in a daisy chain either off the courtesy plug and/or some of the 9v ports on whichever unit. I realize I am not being too specific here - lots of swapping and I think the higher current 9v outlets can support multiple pedals chained together (Morley Fuzz Wah, Buddha Wah, Visual Volume, Boss Tuner, 3 or 4 others.)

Also, I believe, for the Moog stuff, I need reverse polarity cables, correct? Are these the correct ones:

http://www.voodoolab.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22_24_29

Also, perhaps, I can run the Line6 through the courtesy plug and solve that problem (assuming I can chain the "regular" 9v stuff).

Any recs as to which Pedal Power(s) needed and such would be greatly, greatly appreciated! Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
B

Rez

Re: Moog, Line 6, Strymon, others

Post by Rez »

You're on the right track... Pedal Power Mondo or Pedal Power 3 Plus are both great options.

DC pedals cannot be powered from the Pedal Power AC but the DL4 can power with either (9VAC or 12VDC).

And yes, 2.1mm Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable, part# PPREV, PPREV-R is the correct cable for most Moog pedals.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support