Help...ISO-5 , Eventide, Nova Delay.. wont turn on !!!

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
G2112

Help...ISO-5 , Eventide, Nova Delay.. wont turn on !!!

Post by G2112 »

Ok...I'm new hear..heres the deal !!

I'm Trying to power the Nova Deay and Eventide Time factor. I just got the ISO 5, heres the problem...

I used the RED barrel connecter to the "Eventide Time Factor"..it only turns on using the 18V insert.. the manual says it goes into the high-current 12V insert ! whats wrong ???

and

Manual says , Nova Delay goes into high current 12V insert too ! but, it only turns on when its put into the 18V section as well !

What am i doing wrong ?

Resonant Alien

Re: Help...ISO-5 , Eventide, Nova Delay.. wont turn on !!!

Post by Resonant Alien »

Hmmmm. So, I know that the ISO-5 literature says it powers Eventide pedals, but...I'm not sure how it can. The Eventide pedals are spec'd at 9V, 1200mA. The high current output on the ISO-5 only puts out 300mA....so something's wacky there. Even the current doubling cable doesn't get you to 1200mA.

For the Nova, you should be using the black barrel connector, since those pedals are center negative, and the red connector is for center positive - but it should be working fine from the 12V 300mA output. I have a TC voice pedal working from my ISO, and it has the same power requirements as the Nova pedals.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

G2112 wrote:Ok...I'm new hear..heres the deal !!

I'm Trying to power the Nova Deay and Eventide Time factor. I just got the ISO 5, heres the problem...

I used the RED barrel connecter to the "Eventide Time Factor"..it only turns on using the 18V insert.. the manual says it goes into the high-current 12V insert ! whats wrong ???

and

Manual says , Nova Delay goes into high current 12V insert too ! but, it only turns on when its put into the 18V section as well !

What am i doing wrong ?
First... do NOT power these devices with the 18V output!

The Red ended cable is appropriate for the Factor pedals. The Black ended cable is appropriate for the Nova pedals. Check that you have the proper mains AC voltage ISO-5 for your region. The mains AC input requirement is listed on the bottom of the ISO-5 on the serial number sticker.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Resonant Alien wrote:Hmmmm. So, I know that the ISO-5 literature says it powers Eventide pedals, but...I'm not sure how it can. The Eventide pedals are spec'd at 9V, 1200mA. The high current output on the ISO-5 only puts out 300mA....so something's wacky there. Even the current doubling cable doesn't get you to 1200mA.
The simple answer is that the Factor pedals require nowhere near the 1200mA that the included power supply is capable of providing.
Here is a quote from the Eventide forum on this very subject...

"the current requirement is 500 mA at power up and 400mA in normal operartion.
The Voodoo Lab ISO-5's 12VDC output is conservatively rated at 300mA.
It can supply 12VDC @ 400mA with all outputs fully loaded and low AC line level. The ISO-5 can easily run one Factor pedal from its 12VDC/300mA output.
We apologize for any grief that we've caused by our original, overly conservative spec.
jwaltz
eventide product development"

I hope that finally helps to put everyone at ease about this.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------