My PP2+ won't power my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii properly?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
gravity_81

My PP2+ won't power my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii properly?

Post by gravity_81 »

Hi,

So I've just bought a brand new pedal power 2+ and it powers everything perfectly except my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii. It makes that humming noise that pedals make when they aren't getting enough power. BUT I can power the adrenalinn iii with my T-Rex fuel tank. Weird!

Can someone please help???

Thanks,

Andrew

Jon Wilder

Re: My PP2+ won't power my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii properl

Post by Jon Wilder »

gravity_81 wrote:Hi,

So I've just bought a brand new pedal power 2+ and it powers everything perfectly except my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii. It makes that humming noise that pedals make when they aren't getting enough power. BUT I can power the adrenalinn iii with my T-Rex fuel tank. Weird!

Can someone please help???

Thanks,

Andrew
The Roger Linn Adrenalinn series require more current than a Pedal Power 2+ can source on its own. According to the information obtained from the Roger Linn website, you need a power supply that can source at least 500mA that is center positive polarity. Because of this, you will need our PPAP current doubler adapter along with our PPREV or PPREV-R reverse polarity cable to power it (the -R has right angle ends), which you can order directly from Voodoo Lab. You would then hook the current doubler up to outputs 5 & 6, set DIP switches 5 & 6 to the "Normal" position, then hook the reverse polarity cable up to the current doubler adapter.
Jon Wilder
Voodoo Lab
Tech Support

gravity_81

Re: My PP2+ won't power my Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii properl

Post by gravity_81 »

Ah ok. Well, that explains it then. I wanted to use 5 & 6 outputs on the PP2+ for my Eventide timefactor so I might just get an adaptor for the Adrenalinn.

Thanks heaps for your help! :)