Gone through 3 PP2 units now and Output 8 doesn't work on any of them

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
klod

Gone through 3 PP2 units now and Output 8 doesn't work on any of them

Post by klod »

I have been having the hardest time getting a non-lemon unit.

Long story short, I ordered a Pedal Power 2 from MF a while back, it arrived but output 8 never worked. I made sure the bottom was set to 9v, but nothing. MF exchanges it for a 2nd unit, again output 8 doesn't work. I swap multiple plugs with it to make sure the cable isn't the issue, but still nothing. I must've tried at least a dozen pedals. Outputs 1-7 work fine, 8 refuses to work. So I return it to MF and get a 3rd unit which showed up today. Guess what? Output 8 still not working.

Is this an issue with Voodoo Pedal Power2 units, or am I just cursed? Has anyone else had anything like this happen? I'm going to contact MF in the morning about a 3rd return but at this point I feel foolish requesting a 4th unit be sent my way so I may look at other brands, but before I do that I figured I'd post here and see if someone could troubleshoot just what the problem is.

Again, the bottom of the unit has the 9v setting for output 8 (and all outputs) set at 9v. The pedals I'm using are 9v, center negative, less than 100ma. Outputs 1-7 on all 3 units have worked just fine. Output 8 on all 3 units has never worked.

JohnClark

Re: Gone through 3 PP2 units now and Output 8 doesn't work on any of them

Post by JohnClark »

That is definitely not normal!

I’ll be sending you an email get that unit in for inspection and get a thoroughly tested unit back to you as quickly as possible.

Alternatively, I completely understand if you just want to be done with it any go back to MF.

Sorry you’ve had so much trouble with this.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

klod

Post by klod »

Thanks so much John, just saw & replied to your email.

No need to apologize, these things happen. I appreciate you reaching out

Batrachos

Post by Batrachos »

Are you 100% sure the 'new' unit you are receiving isn't just the same one 3 times in a row? I've heard stories about MF sending people the exact same item in exchange as a return. It's pretty dumb but it happens.