Better way to secure X4's power supply under board?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
ken

Better way to secure X4's power supply under board?

Post by ken »

I have a Dingbat Tiny with X4 and it's awesome. The power supply, where the power cord plugs into, is held on under the board with Dual Lock. I find I have to be a little too careful with holding it down when I plug or unplug the cord, since it will sometimes pop off. Any more secure way to hold that on to the underside of the board?

Thanks.

Rez

Re: Better way to secure X4's power supply under board?

Post by Rez »

Hmm... the supplied Dual Lock normally works quite well (and such brackets are not available).

Perhaps a "double-dose" of the Dual Lock would be sufficient?

If you'd like to give that a try, please send us an email ( info@voodoolab.com ) and we are glad to arrange for this!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

ken

Post by ken »

Thanks, Ben. To be clear, it's this part. There's really only room for one piece of Dual Lock tape. I guess I'll just have to keep holding it down when inserting or taking out the power cord. It's just that it's a tight fit and you have to jiggle it.

IMG_0566.jpg
IMG_0566.jpg (89.48 KiB) Viewed 4907 times

Rez

Post by Rez »

Perhaps also "zip-tying" it would help. That way, even if it has some play, it won't actually become detached.

And, if you do decide you'd like to try some additional Dual Lock, please just let us know.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick

ken

Post by ken »

Much appreciated, Ben. I have some Dual Lock around here. I'll see if I can work a zip tie in there first.

Rez

Post by Rez »

Right on.

:D
Cheers,
Ben Resnick