How Rugged Are VL Power Supplies?

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
aztexguitars

How Rugged Are VL Power Supplies?

Post by aztexguitars »

Hi,

I'm a full time RV'er and decided my larger pedal board needed to go so ordered a brand new Dingbat Mini from VL. It arrived but I noticed a pretty bad rattle and couldn't imagine what that was. Well the "factory installed power supply" (PPX4) installation was with the lightest weight velcro you can buy AND they installed both sides hooks and no loops so it obviously doesn't stick. So it came through the shipping process with power supply rattled around. I have ~$1500 on Strymon fx I want to slap on it but am afraid to power it up with a power supply that has been battered around.

I still can't believe "factory installed" means 3 strips of cheap velcro instead of the brackets they sell. I'm stuck with it but afraid to fire up my fx......

What should I do? I can't easily send back and not enough time to get a replacement; off on a 3 month road trip in 2 days.... Should I order another power supply and be done or is there a way to test the output for any shorts? I have a multimeter....

Rez

Re: How Rugged Are VL Power Supplies?

Post by Rez »

I'm very sorry to know it and certainly, this situation is highly unusual. Yes, our supplies (and other gear too) are designed for professional use and quite robust.

Please, call us or send us an email ( info@voodoolab.com ) we are glad to discuss what options may be possible.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support