Helicon Harmony Singer 2

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
AP2022

Helicon Harmony Singer 2

Post by AP2022 »

Hi,

Can I power the Helicon Harmony Singer 2 using the Pedal Power 2?

Outputs 5 and 6?

Set to Normal or away from normal?

There are contradictory posts on this forum about the original HHS pedal being set to normal or away from normal.

Would be very grateful for clarity on powering the HSS2.

Thanks,

Al.

Rez

Re: Helicon Harmony Singer 2

Post by Rez »

No.

Due to the high current (about 670mA) required by the Harmony Singer 2, it cannot be powered from the Pedal Power 2 DC outputs.

However, you can power it from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart.

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support

dmadis0n

Post by dmadis0n »

I just posed this question to Voodoo, "How can I power the Harmony Singer 2 using my Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus?" This is how they responded,

"The Voodoo does not have compatible mA matches.

https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/PL ... QSG_WW.pdf
See page 2.
This is what is required
– Connect a 9V / >300 mA power supply,

Any power supply 300ma or above

At your service,

Seth Wolther"

Any other thoughts on this? Also, if I am already using all 8 power ports in normal pedal operation to power 8 of your typical 9v pedals (MXR Phase 90 Script, MXR Carbon Copy Mini Delay, Wampler Ego Mini compressor, Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini, etc.), and I then plug a 9v/500mA adapter into the AC outlet of the Pedal Power 2 Plus to power the Harmony Singer 2, what kind of effect might this have on the performance of the whole board? Thanks!!

Rez

Post by Rez »

Powering the Harmony Singer 2 from the AC courtesy outlet with its adapter/wall-wart is a great solution (especially, since all eight outputs are already filled).It's perfectly fine to do and will have no effect on the pedals in the eight DC outputs.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support