PP 2 power supply for Radial and Line 6 devices

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
markclane

PP 2 power supply for Radial and Line 6 devices

Post by markclane »

Hello, I just joined this forum and this is my first post.

2 Technical questions:

1. I'm using two Line 6 receivers, a G50 which is powered with no issue and a G70, which will not power up completely (just one lamp will illuminate, it doesn't power up all the way) Is there a solution for this?
G70 Power Supply image
Line 6 Power supply
Line 6 Power supply
2. I'm also using a Radial Tonebone that requires 15VDC 400mA. Is there a cable option to power this? I would prefer to not use the courtesy outlet on the back (if possible)

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.

Rez

Re: PP 2 power supply for Radial and Line 6 devices

Post by Rez »

To power the G-70 use a Current Doubler Adapter, part# PPAP in Pedal Power 2 Plus outputs 4 and 5 (or 6 and 7), DIP switches set normal and one of the all black (standard polarity) cables supplied.

Most 15VDC Radial pedals have an actual current draw less than 250mA (whereas the value specified: 400mA, etc is merely the capacity of the Radial adapter). Thus you can try with Pedal Power 2 Plus, setup:

To power your 15VDC Radial pedal (at 18VDC) with Pedal Power 2 Plus use outputs 5 and 6, DIP switches set normal with a Voltage Doubler Adapter, part# PPAY and a 2.1mm Reverse Polarity Barrel Cable, part# PPREV, PPREV-R.

Note, since both require use of the high current outputs, it is likley something will still need to be powered from the AC courtesy outlet.

Alternatively, you might consider getting a supply with more high current capacity, such as: Pedal Power 3, Pedal Power 3 Plus, Pedal Power 4 x 4 or Pedal Power X8

Cheers!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support