Current Doubler Adapter cable (p/n PPAP)

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
sweetmamalandry

Re: Current Doubler Adapter cable (p/n PPAP)

Post by sweetmamalandry »

I have a Carl Martin Octa-Switch that needs 9V regulated w/ 400mA...can I use the current doubler on outputs 5 & 6 of my Pedal Power 2 Plus to power it? Should the dip switches be in the NORMAL position?

Currently, I am powering it with a Visual Sounds 1 Spot...which is a complete hassle to thread up under my Pedaltrain every time I play and run to an extension cord.

Thanks. :D

sweetmamalandry

Hello, is there anybody here?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

sweetmamalandry wrote:I have a Carl Martin Octa-Switch that needs 9V regulated w/ 400mA...can I use the current doubler on outputs 5 & 6 of my Pedal Power 2 Plus to power it? Should the dip switches be in the NORMAL position?

Currently, I am powering it with a Visual Sounds 1 Spot...which is a complete hassle to thread up under my Pedaltrain every time I play and run to an extension cord.

Thanks. :D
Sorry, didn't see you hiding up here.

The Octa-Switch and the Octa-Switch II, actually draw less than 200mA and can be powered directly from output 5 or 6 with the corresponding DIP switch set to Normal using one of the regular barrel cables.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

sweetmamalandry

Thanks for the reply.

I had already ordered the current doubler adapter cable...and tried it and it was very NOISY. I had already found your reply on someone else's post about powering the Octa-Switch...and tried output #5 in the "normal" position on my Pedal Power 2 and YAY, it powered up just fine and quietly!

So, turns out I didn't need this cable after all! ;Debbie

Teddy59

Re: Current Doubler Adapter cable for centre +ve pedal

Post by Teddy59 »

Hi

I have an Effectrode Helios fuzz pedal that requires 12VDC @ 350mA (centre +ve) and a PP2+.
Can I use the PP2+ 5 and 6 output in the away from Normal position in a reverse polarity configuration?

Many thanks,

Teddy

JohnClark

Re: Current Doubler Adapter cable for centre +ve pedal

Post by JohnClark »

Teddy59 wrote:Hi

I have an Effectrode Helios fuzz pedal that requires 12VDC @ 350mA (centre +ve) and a PP2+.
Can I use the PP2+ 5 and 6 output in the away from Normal position in a reverse polarity configuration?

Many thanks,

Teddy
Until I can get my one on my bench for testing, I wouldn't suggest using anything but the supplied adapter for the Helios. You can plug the supplied adapter into the Courtesy Outlet on the back of the Pedal Power 2+.

I hope that helps!

Teddy59

Post by Teddy59 »

Hi John I also came to that conclusion too. Better to be safe and sure before trashing my new investment!
All the best Teddy

kdm1218

Post by kdm1218 »

A question about the eventide timefactor- can it power off the courtesy outlet on the PP2+ or has to run with the set up shown in the other thread?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

kdm1218 wrote:A question about the eventide timefactor- can it power off the courtesy outlet on the PP2+ or has to run with the set up shown in the other thread?
Any pedal that comes with an adapter can be powered by connecting the supplied adapter to the Courtesy Outlet.

Good Luck!

synyster_slash

Post by synyster_slash »

What would happen when using the 'current doubler' cable to combine one of the 250ma outputs with one of the 100ma ouputs?