pedal power vrs pedal power 2

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
andest

pedal power vrs pedal power 2

Post by andest »

will I be able to power lets say, a dunlop wah and mxr phase 90 with the original pedal power? I dont understand the difference between 1 and 2 and their limitations. Thanks guys. :ugeek:

JohnClark

Re: pedal power vrs pedal power 2

Post by JohnClark »

The original Pedal Power had all 8 outputs switchable between 9V or 12V(ACA mode). The Pedal Power 2 still has all 8 outputs switchable to 9V but 1-4 can be switched to 12V, 5 and 6 can provide more current and can be switched to unregulated mode, 7 and 8 can be set to sag the voltage down to about 4V. Any of the outputs, on either model, switched to 9V will power the pedals mentioned.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Thanks John, that made it easy to understand. Can you also detail the diffs between Pedal Power 2 and Pedal Power 2+? I have botha nd want to be sure I can run the same pedals on both. Thanks again!

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Mark V wrote:Thanks John, that made it easy to understand. Can you also detail the diffs between Pedal Power 2 and Pedal Power 2+? I have botha nd want to be sure I can run the same pedals on both. Thanks again!
The main difference between the Pedal Power 2 and Pedal Power 2+ is that the Pedal Power 2 has a 100mA limit on outputs 5 and 6 when switched to Normal.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------