ac outlet use

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
Shaby

ac outlet use

Post by Shaby »

I have out grown my pedal power 2+ and was wondering if it is safe and quiet to connect another pp2 to the ac outlet of one

JohnClark

Re: ac outlet use

Post by JohnClark »

Perfectly safe quiet to power any model Pedal Power from the Courtesy Outlet on your Pedal Power 2+.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

carstenlange

Post by carstenlange »

JohnClark wrote:Perfectly safe quiet to power any model Pedal Power from the Courtesy Outlet on your Pedal Power 2+.

I hope that helps!
But won't you get some noise if The second pp2 is used to power pedals in amp effects loop? I was told use one ppap for before amp and separate non daisy chained one for effects loop
Custom Audio Amplifiers PT100
Bogner Ecstasy 101B
Carvin electric guitars

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

carstenlange wrote:
JohnClark wrote:Perfectly safe quiet to power any model Pedal Power from the Courtesy Outlet on your Pedal Power 2+.

I hope that helps!
But won't you get some noise if The second pp2 is used to power pedals in amp effects loop? I was told use one ppap for before amp and separate non daisy chained one for effects loop
The pedal outputs of a Pedal Power are all isolated. You can use the same Pedal Power to power pedals in front of an amp as well as pedals in the same amp's effects loop.

It is when using non isolated power supplies, like a daisy chain, that you would likely want to use two different supplies, one for front end effects and another for FX loop effects.
This isn't something a Pedal Power owner even has to think about since all outputs are isolated.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------