Power for Original Big Box EHX POG

General discussion and tech talk about the industry standard Pedal Power line of power supplies.
guitar479

Power for Original Big Box EHX POG

Post by guitar479 »

Planning to put the original big box Electro Harmonix POG on a session board; currently has a Voodoo Lab ISO 5 and Digital for power. The 18V power tap is being used.

What cable is needed to combine the two 400ma 9v outs on the Digital to make 18v for the POG?

Thanks.

JohnClark

Re: Power for Original Big Box EHX POG

Post by JohnClark »

The original POG will need the 2.5mm Voltage Doubling Cable - 18V or 24V (PPEH24) in order to power it at 18V using two of the 9V Outputs on a Pedal Power Digital.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

guitar479

Post by guitar479 »

Thanks!!

jdmoo

Post by jdmoo »

Hi JohnClark

I got this 'big box' POG, bought the cable you suggested as stated above, and connected it to my Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 to output 1 & 2 (switches on normal). But when activating the pedal, the light of the pedal flashes on, and immediatly off again. Did I understand your post wrong?

Thanks, and all best,
Jan

Rez

Post by Rez »

It's because Pedal Power Digital has high current capacity outputs but with Pedal Power 2 Plus, outputs 5 and 6 must be used:

To power the POG with Pedal Power 2 Plus, use output 5 and 6, DIP switches set 9V (normal) and with a Voltage Doubler Cable (reverse polarity, 2.5/2.1mm), part# PPEH24

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Ben Resnick
Voodoo Lab - Tech Support