Dingbat Breakout Panel

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
SpecialKM

Dingbat Breakout Panel

Post by SpecialKM »

Anyone have a source for custom Dingbat jack panels for input-output and insert jacks? I could probably fabricate something myself but seems like this might have been already accomplished by someone or a 3rd party connected to VL. Sure would be a lot sleeker setup without having to lift the board up to plug into the PX.

JohnClark

Re: Dingbat Breakout Panel

Post by JohnClark »

We do have an Interface Box in the works, but embarrassingly, it isn't available yet :oops:

We will be sure to shout it out as soon as we have them ready to go!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

Thanks John I have the same concern with connectivity, so a connection box would be a great addition to the Dingbat.

Sean-tbp

Post by Sean-tbp »

John, any update on the patch bay? I’m wiring up my new Dingbat Large and my output is on a Boss ES-5, but it’s tough to plug in and unplug because I absolutely crammed my board full :)

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Hello and sorry for the delayed reply!

...and the still delayed interface box!!

We have ordered boards and are waiting on their arrival now. I generally hate to give a time, but as long as all goes well I'd say at this point it will likely be about two months until we have completed, packaged product ready to ship.

I hope that helps!

AJB1965

Post by AJB1965 »

Just wondering if this is still a work in progress. I haven't purchased a new board yet and I really want an I/O panel to help with my OCD :ugeek:

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

The interface box is finally happening... This time fore real (if I can be believed anymore :oops: ) it really should be available in stores within about two months. I never thought something as simple as two feedthrus would take us on such a roller coaster ride!

Donnie St. James

Post by Donnie St. James »

Hi John. Just wondering if this is still a thing. Like the other poster, I am holding off buying a board until I know this is an option. Do you have any info on it that you can share? Is it just an input and output, or will there be and FX send/return and MIDI as well? Thanks.

DSJ

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Donnie St. James wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:05 am
Hi John. Just wondering if this is still a thing. Like the other poster, I am holding off buying a board until I know this is an option. Do you have any info on it that you can share? Is it just an input and output, or will there be and FX send/return and MIDI as well? Thanks.

DSJ
It is definitely happening. In fact, I'm building the screenprinting jig for them now ;)

The box is two passive feedthrus. We used TRS jacks inside so it will handle Mono or Stereo connections (or even amp footswitch connections... basically anything 1/4" TS or TRS). It can be used for whichever two audio paths you need to have easy access to ...and the Dingbat boards can mount two of these with one on either side of the board.

I hope that helps!

Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Is this the sacred box that you speak of?
The Voodoo Lab Dingus!
Attachments
2A455618-EDE9-4518-A5EA-1ED2AB13B8F4.jpeg
2A455618-EDE9-4518-A5EA-1ED2AB13B8F4.jpeg (5.76 KiB) Viewed 12804 times