Sparkle Drive Mod

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
gitapik

Sparkle Drive Mod

Post by gitapik »

Hi.

I'm very into getting a nice overdrive pedal. Up 'till now it's been about distortion. There are lots of ODs out there and I've been checking out your Sparkle Drive. It's really, really fine. I love the dual amp concept.

You have a modded version available. I've been reading on forums about the mods and I'm intrigued. Could you please answer a couple of questions for me?

1) I've read that the mods that are available out there add more bass and punch. It would be nice to have that as an option...but I wouldn't want to lose the original Sparkle sound in any way, manner, means, or form. I've already got a great distortion unit. I'm looking for overdrive. Will the mod keep that original tone?

2) Can you give me a ballpark on the price and when the pedal's going to be coming out? Wondering how long I'd be waiting...

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Bob

James Santiago

Re: Sparkle Drive Mod

Post by James Santiago »

Bob,

Sparkle Drive MOD is very close to being done. I don't have an exact date for the first production run, but very soon we hope.

As for tones, SD MOD has 4 selectable voicings and one is the original circuit. If you love the old one, it's still in there.

The street price for the current Sparkle Drive is about $129 (in the US) and we didn't want to go much over that for MOD even though this is really 4 different pedals in one. So, most likely it will only be about 20 bucks more here. If you've ever seen the prices for mods on pedals, and the fact that you lose your original tone, we think it's a steal!

Thanks for your questions,

JS
James Santiago
Vice President - Voodoo Lab

gitapik

Post by gitapik »

Thanks, James...and, yeah...sounds like a great, great deal! I wouldn't want to lose that original tone. It's classic. Will we still have the same dual amp dial up function with the other three voices?

James Santiago

Post by James Santiago »

Yes. You'll be able to blend just like the original!

JS
James Santiago
Vice President - Voodoo Lab

ovrdrv123

Post by ovrdrv123 »

hey James,

Are the demensions of the Sparkle Drive Mod similar to the original sparkle drive pedal's demesions?

I really would like to buy a Sparkle Drive Mod but am running low on the real estate availible on my board so this would be nice to know...

thanks,

Joey Cuassac