Pedal mounting

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
jambogus

Pedal mounting

Post by jambogus »

Hello, i have a voodoo labs ground control pro, a super overdrive and a jimi hendrix wah..... just wondering how i would go about mounting them on the pedalboard. thanks

ninzanstudio

Re: Pedal mounting

Post by ninzanstudio »

jambogus wrote:Hello, i have a voodoo labs ground control pro, a super overdrive and a jimi hendrix wah..... just wondering how i would go about mounting them on the pedalboard. thanks
If you want some serious beefiness, check out 3M Dual Lock - it's like Velcro on steroids. The wah might need a mounting plate if the screws protrude past the thickness of the Dual Lock.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

I agree with ninzanstudio, Dual Lock is the way to go. Four 3/4" squares will hold almost anything down... you usually have to use something to pry/pop the pedal off the board to remove it! The clear type has a cool adhesive on it that even allows for removal and re-use in most cases. For the wah, simply remove the rubber feet and screw on the bottom plate without them to eliminate the height issue. Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

jambogus

Post by jambogus »

sounds good.....ill check it out. Thanks

Ty Gerhardt

Post by Ty Gerhardt »

I use the "industrial" Velcro. Once it goes on the board it doesn't come off without using a pie server or a CD slid under the pedal to remove it (and even then, it takes some work to get it to come off). You can buy it in small squares or in 30 ft rolls. 8-)

ninzanstudio

Post by ninzanstudio »

Ty Gerhardt wrote:I use the "industrial" Velcro. Once it goes on the board it doesn't come off without using a pie server or a CD slid under the pedal to remove it (and even then, it takes some work to get it to come off). You can buy it in small squares or in 30 ft rolls. 8-)
I use the "industrial" Velcro for my PedalTrain mods. I prefer to 3M dual lock because it's lower profile. But if you need serious sticking power - Dual Lock is the best.

Stringmaster

Post by Stringmaster »

What should I do about the rubber pad that is on the back of my VDL Analog Chorus? If I remove it and want to restore the pedal to original condition later, is replacement material available?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Stringmaster wrote:What should I do about the rubber pad that is on the back of my VDL Analog Chorus? If I remove it and want to restore the pedal to original condition later, is replacement material available?
You can get a replacement neoprene pad from us should you need one in the future. Write to info@voodoolab.com for more information about how to get the replacement pad. I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

VHTSplawnJon

Post by VHTSplawnJon »

I just posted something here on mounting:

http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1303