Xotic SP Compressor Power Issue

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
lbrowning53

Xotic SP Compressor Power Issue

Post by lbrowning53 »

Hello, this is my first time posting, so I hope it's in the right place.

I just got my new Voodoo X4 power supply this week. I got it wired up and installed on my Pedaltrain Nano (it fits perfectly!). When I plugged it in, all of the pedals would power on except my SP compressor. I checked the connections, I tried different power cables, I tried multiple outputs on the X4, still no power. So I grabbed an old power supply (of much lower quality) that I've used for a long time and tried it. Everything powered right up, including the compressor. I tried another older supply, same thing, no issues.

I've tried several more times with the Voodoo, but I can't seem to get it to work. I also have a Browne Amplification Protein and a Specular Tempus on the board and they power on with no problem. I've contacted both Xotic and Voodoo Lab but have only heard back from Xotic. They suggested trying a different cable (which I did) and checking any DIP switches on the power supply (which I don't think there are any).

I know I've seen plenty of rigs with the SP on them powered by a Voodoo power supply. And my cheaper, much lower quality power supplies power it just fine, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something really simple here..

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!