mounting a GCP to pedalboard.

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
Themetallikid

mounting a GCP to pedalboard.

Post by Themetallikid »

I dont have velcro thick enough to cover the height of the rubber feet,
any other ideas? Tried unscrewing the feet, but the screws just spin they dont come out.

JohnClark

Re: mounting a GCP to pedalboard.

Post by JohnClark »

------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Ty Gerhardt

Post by Ty Gerhardt »

Themetallikid wrote:I dont have velcro thick enough to cover the height of the rubber feet,
any other ideas? Tried unscrewing the feet, but the screws just spin they dont come out.
I Velcro'd mine...there's are nuts behind the screws that old the feet in place inside the unit that you have to use a little wrench or needle nose pliers to remove. You'll need an allen wrench to access the inside of the unit to loosen the nuts. :)

Here's a pic of my old setup...it can be done. :)

boardwlk17

Post by boardwlk17 »

what is that on the top of your pedal board that all of the pedals are running into.... pedal switcher?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Looks like two Pedal Switchers with at least the one on top mounted upside down.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

maddface

Post by maddface »

what I have done in the past if you have a wood pedalboard is use a paddle bit on a drill and make recess holes for the rubber feet. I hate taking apart exspensive equipment.

VHTSplawnJon

Post by VHTSplawnJon »

Just another quick tip on mounting... i just started using this idea of bike chain tabs. If you have access to an old bike chain separate the links so your left with a little metal tab with two hole (one on each end). Screw one hole into the bottom of the pedal by using the existing chassis screw and hole. This allows for you to screw down your pedal because the other hole on the bike chain tab sticks out the side of your pedal and you screw it down.

I just did it to my GCP, pitchfactor, clyde, DL4, Keeley...it works and its fast.

Something like the pedal power plus 2… which has its chassis screws on the side…you have to bend the bike tab in a 90 degree angle.

I have enclosed a image of how they come apart...(This does require a bike chain tool, but if you are a cyclist or know one.. this shouldn’t be difficult to track down)

-Anyway just a tip, i didnt invent this i actually got it from Pillar's guitarist Noah Henson, and i think he picked it up from someone else too.
Attachments
bike chain seperation.jpg
bike chain seperation.jpg (16.76 KiB) Viewed 17637 times

gowen4

Post by gowen4 »

OK, I can feel the flames already but here is what I have used for mounting all of my pedals over the ten years or so: a quarter sized dollop of bathroom silicone. Maybe one in each corner for a large pedal.

Pros: You can peel it off if you really want to because it doesn't permanantly stick to painted metal surfaces. It fills the gap caused by the pedal's little rubber feet. It is a compliant material just like the little rubber feet. Feels secure because it doesn't shift under your foot like the velcro does sometimes. Super cheap and easy to do.

Cons: I have had it pop loose a few times but it took a lot of abuse and high heat (leaving rig in the car) to do it. If it decides to really stick, you have to scrape it off with a razor blade if you want the surface to be clean again. Very easy to do, but a con nonetheless.

watksco

Post by watksco »

maddface wrote:what I have done in the past if you have a wood pedalboard is use a paddle bit on a drill and make recess holes for the rubber feet. I hate taking apart exspensive equipment.
I had the same idea, but kinda did the opposite and built a small riser under the unit with plywood - just left space where the feet go.

Scott

a2dconverter

Post by a2dconverter »

VHTSplawnJon wrote:Just another quick tip on mounting... i just started using this idea of bike chain tabs. If you have access to an old bike chain separate the links so your left with a little metal tab with two hole (one on each end). Screw one hole into the bottom of the pedal by using the existing chassis screw and hole. This allows for you to screw down your pedal because the other hole on the bike chain tab sticks out the side of your pedal and you screw it down.
I have been using the bike chain links for years to mount all of my gear...I actually have a "No Velcro Credo" as it damages pedals and even the good stuff will loosen when the temperature changes.

Here's a pic of my pedalboard sitting vertically... pedals stay put!

You can get the chain links already separated from...

http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/i ... ex&cPath=7

Have Fun!

Joe