Help!! Pedal Switcher Failure....AGAIN!

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
Copperhead

Help!! Pedal Switcher Failure....AGAIN!

Post by Copperhead »

Is there a known issue with these units?
Got my first one in January, it did not work out of the box.
The replacement has worked great until last weekend. Had channel 4 on effect, experienced volume drop, changed cables, power supply and checked the pedal, I thought for sure it was the pedal, but no faults were discovered.
Last night, recording live, volume drop and crackling on loop 4, turned the loop off and got NOTHING! Rapid on and off brought it back, but it quit again within moments. The light functioned normally, loop switching failed.
Used 4 send as my out but still struggled, made it through the set by yoinking the input cable and going direct in.
Went direct in to amp no effects for the rest of the night.

Mounted in a very sturdy pro pedalboard, not abused or thrown around, it is in very good condition, plastic is still on it! Pedal board is mounted in a very well foamed anvil case. No damage or misuse....

I really like this unit but the reliability is becoming a major concern.
Is VooDoo Lab good about sending parts quickly? Warranty replacement?
I need to get running again fast, the work-around is a major PITA.

I am playing every night through Monday for the next week then a one day break and back at it Wednesday...

Not at all a hater, but I need reliability and consistency.
Thanks for the help!

EDIT:
OK, after reading through everything, I'm going to try cleaning the switchable insert TRS jack between 3 and 4. This is not being used in my setup so possibly the switchable jack is dirty or oxidized. I'm planning on using a little squirt of Peavey FunkOut on a TRS plug and working it in and out a few times.... :-D
Any problem with this method?
Thanks....

Copperhead

Re: Help!! Pedal Switcher Failure....AGAIN!

Post by Copperhead »

Hi John!!
Thank You very much for your help today!

JT

Teleman58

Post by Teleman58 »

So I’m having the same issue with my pedal switcher (I running 2 with the Commander)all of a sudden I will have a drop in volume and then nothing I’ll wiggle a few wires and get no results I go direct to the amp with the guitar and works fine, then I go back to the switcher and it works for a while, what did you do to correct the issue?
Greg The “Tele-Man”

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

If you have determined that you are having problems due to a fault in your Pedal Switcher then please give us a call or send an email to info@voodoolab.com for some quick troubleshooting and an RMA# for repair if necessary. The troubleshooting primarily consists of breaking things down to the simplest setup that still yields the problem. Often that is when we find a bad cable or some other easily remedied problem that does not require any downtime. Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Trueman

Post by Trueman »

I would like to vouch for Voodoo Labs RMA service. They look after me and i live at the bottom of the world, New Zealand!
Connoisseur of good tone.

http://www.john-trueman.com : Guitarist from Down Under
http://www.guitarpedals.co.nz

Copperhead

Post by Copperhead »

Sorry!!
Belated follow-up:
This unit went for a trip back home to Voodoo Lab and Mr. John Clark fixed her up in no time.
Bad switching jack, it is behaving properly now.
Great customer service and speedy repair.
Moral of the story, don't bother with GC if there is a problem, get in touch with Voodoo Lab.