Microvibe Problem?!

Exchange tips and tricks to help you design the ultimate pedalboard.
koatop6

Microvibe Problem?!

Post by koatop6 »

Hello,

I have loved the Microvibe since the day I purchased it.

However, recently I have had a problem. I am getting no effect when the pedal is engaged. The guitar is coming through and with the tone changed, but no leslie effect. I have tampered with the knobs in all settings, and still nothing. I am using Voodoo's power supply, aswell, so I assume that this is not the issue.

I am pretty savvy on fixing things myself, but I read of people having problems from trying to "adjust" the pots and such on the board. I am thinking it may be something as simple as a cleaning(even though it is not dirty)..... :?:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

JohnClark

Re: Microvibe Problem?!

Post by JohnClark »

Not sure what to tell you here... Check the power by trying a different Pedal Power cable and output or try it on a known good battery. If you have an oscilloscope or even a simple volt meter, you can check if the oscillator circuit is running... otherwise it's probably best to give us a call or send an email to info@voodoolab.com to set up an RMA for inspection. Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

curnla

Post by curnla »

I don't know about your problem but the problem I'm having the MIcrovibe I bought about two months ago. No matter what I do, the hiss is almost unbearable. I have tried it in every position on my board as well as totally alone. The hiss is still there. I reported the problem to Voodoo yesterday buy haven't heard from them yet. I wish I had read the Harmony Central reviews before buying. It seems like most people who own one have to deal with the hiss.

James Santiago

Post by James Santiago »

curnla wrote:I don't know about your problem but the problem I'm having the MIcrovibe I bought about two months ago. No matter what I do, the hiss is almost unbearable. I have tried it in every position on my board as well as totally alone. The hiss is still there. I reported the problem to Voodoo yesterday buy haven't heard from them yet. I wish I had read the Harmony Central reviews before buying. It seems like most people who own one have to deal with the hiss.
I've tested and currently own a number of Uni-Vibe effects and they all have a certain amount of background noise. This is especially true when running these types of effects in front of even a moderately overdriven amp. What is your main setup now?

JS
James Santiago
Vice President - Voodoo Lab

gearbox

Post by gearbox »

I have the exact same problem and already RMA'd it only to have it returned 8 weeks later with a not saying no problem detected. So I started to use it again and had the exact same problem. I am using the Dunlop powerbrick and you are using the voodoo power 2.....my only success is using a battery which is terrible if I might add....wow I almost bought a voodoo power 2 in the hopes that it was the dunlop powerbrick. Man would I have been chaffed spending an additional 170 and had the same problems....

BTW...after this happens I have to wait a while before the pedal even works with a battery....once it happens even a battery wont fix it...its like it has to sit for a while before it works again....

so to be clear when this happens, the pedal light comes on and the guitar comes through, with the signal almost completely unchanged...no oscillating effect....

I am in need of a octafuzz effect but I think I am through with Voodoo....

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

gearbox wrote:I have the exact same problem and already RMA'd it only to have it returned 8 weeks later with a not saying no problem detected. So I started to use it again and had the exact same problem. I am using the Dunlop powerbrick and you are using the voodoo power 2.....my only success is using a battery which is terrible if I might add....wow I almost bought a voodoo power 2 in the hopes that it was the dunlop powerbrick. Man would I have been chaffed spending an additional 170 and had the same problems....

BTW...after this happens I have to wait a while before the pedal even works with a battery....once it happens even a battery wont fix it...its like it has to sit for a while before it works again....

so to be clear when this happens, the pedal light comes on and the guitar comes through, with the signal almost completely unchanged...no oscillating effect....

I am in need of a octafuzz effect but I think I am through with Voodoo....

Please write to us at info@voodoolab.com. Nothing about your described experience with us is the norm. Please allow us a chance to get this straight with you.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------