help controlling Mesa MarkV , G-force and Ground control pro

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
zangiamit91

help controlling Mesa MarkV , G-force and Ground control pro

Post by zangiamit91 »

i want to controll my main channel in my amp via gfroce and the ground crontroll,
example chanell 1 in the Markv with channel 1 on gforce by pressing the 1 channel on the GCP.

how can i do it?

AllanWilliams

Re: help controlling Mesa MarkV , G-force and Ground control

Post by AllanWilliams »

The G-Force doesnt have the switching outputs that you need to control the MarkV directly, so you are going to need a midi device that provides the needed outputs. The Mark V can either use the DIN connection or several switched output connections.

I have a similar setup and I use an RJM mini amp gizmo which is a fairly compact device and works well. You can order them with a lead that is specific to the MarkV and that makes it easy to plug into the DIN input at the back of the amp so its a one lead easy solution. They also have a rack version if you prefer that format.

I havent used it but I believe the Voodoo Lab control switcher does the same thing, but last I knew they didnt have the DIN cable that is particular to Mark V so it relied on using the switching outputs and running multiple connections for those. If someone has new information on that, then please chime in and correct me (or confirm).

With either of these, once setting up the midi access from the GCP, is easy to program to whichever mode you want to operate - presets or IA switches.

zangiamit91

Re: help controlling Mesa MarkV , G-force and Ground control

Post by zangiamit91 »

like i taught.... i will looking for mini amp gizmo or gcx voodoo. thamks