HEX...any news ?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
BurnTheSky

HEX...any news ?

Post by BurnTheSky »

As the title says !
Had to unload the GCX-GCP rig a while ago (and hated getting back to tap dancing), so I'm again planning to go back to a switching rig in the near future (but want a smaller switcher on the pedal shelf this time to make room for an FX processor).
The HEX looks very promising, but...it's been presented at 2013 NAMM, and no news ever since.

Has it been scrapped ? Is there any chance it'll be released in the coming month ?

I loved each and any VL product I've owned (Tremolo, 2 GCXs, GCP, PP2+ that is still going strong after 7 years of quite intensive use) and would love to get yet another, so I was looking forward to being able to go with the HEX, but since it's not available yet, I might have to go with another brand (RJM Mini Effect Gizmo probably). Unless it gets released soon ?

In a similar vein: what happened to the Pedal Power Versa ? Yet another great idea that never was released ? Having both 9VAC (so as to power a switcher and MIDI board) and 9/12VDC for pedals was perfect for that kind of rig. So, will it ever be available ?

Thanks !

JohnClark

Re: HEX...any news ?

Post by JohnClark »

HEX is definitely not scrapped. The design is all finalized and boards are being made. However, it will not be out in a month. I'll fill in the blanks as we get closer to a real ship date.

Having an AC outlet basically means one less DC outlet on a Pedal Power, and the actual requirements for AC powered devices is all over the place. What exactly do you want to power that requires AC? Many devices can be powered with either, as is the case with the Ground Control Pro. Most of the major devices that strictly required AC have migrated to using DC power over the years.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

BurnTheSky

Post by BurnTheSky »

Great news on the HEX ! Hopefully it'll be available next summer ! Brilliant design in a great format, really looking forward to it.

As for AC power, I'm intending to power a bigger MIDI board, such as the Liquid Foot Pro (can't go with the GCP this time, since I need more IAs and more presets for the rig I'm planning, and the older LFP can be had pretty cheap 2nd hand these days).

Thanks for the answer !

JRC4558Dude

Post by JRC4558Dude »

OK, so it's up on the website....

How 'bout a price and a release date???!!

(Please, please be under 300$..)

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Thanks for your interest and continued patience. We believe the HEX is finally up to snuff and ready to go into actual production.

The expected US street price should still be at $299. and we are currently shooting for having production units ready to ship in August.

These are going to rock!

JRC4558Dude

Post by JRC4558Dude »

JohnClark wrote:Thanks for your interest and continued patience. We believe the HEX is finally up to snuff and ready to go into actual production.

The expected US street price should still be at $299. and we are currently shooting for having production units ready to ship in August.

These are going to rock!
Cool. Can't wait.

Can I trouble you for dimensions?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

No problem!