GCX N00b question

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Zuurg

GCX N00b question

Post by Zuurg »

Hi,

Just starting out with a GCX in my rack and testing things out so there's actually nothing currently connected to my 1-8 connectors.

The problem I'm having right now is that I need to connect the Guitar In on the front of the unit and need to connect the front Feed Thru to the input on my POD HD. When I do this, the output is extremely weak. If I remove the GCX, the output is fine. Am I doing something wrong?

Here's how it's all connected:

Guitar -> Vocalist Live Pro -> GCX Guitar In -> GCX Feed Thru (front) -> Line 6 POD HD Pro.

If I remove the Vocalist from the equation and connect directly to the GCX -> Guitar In -> Feed Thru (front) -> POD, I get a horrible humming coming out of the cabs.

Thoughts?

Anthony

JohnClark

Re: GCX N00b question

Post by JohnClark »

Do you have a cable connected on the rear panel from the Guitar Out to the Feedthru?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Zuurg

Post by Zuurg »

No, I don't. Just guitar in on the front and feed thru out on the front.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

For your current setup to work, you will need to complete the signal path with a short patch cable connected between the Guitar Out and the rear panel Feedthru.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------