problem with a/b swithching in GCX

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
zangiamit91

problem with a/b swithching in GCX

Post by zangiamit91 »

i want to make a b and y switching . mark v on loop 6 and marshall on loop 4. the wiring is from the out of loop 1 to input in loop 4, marshall conect to send in loop 4, out 4 to in 6 and mesa in send in loop 6.

so every single amp work ok but when i press loop 6 and 4 only the marshall (loop 4) work.
how i can to do that both of loop work ? what i dod wrong.

i u need i will wrote down a scheme of the connections.

nyteowl

Re: problem with a/b swithching in GCX

Post by nyteowl »

Yes, please do. A written list or diagram of your current connections would be most helpful.
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

zangiamit91

Post by zangiamit91 »

nyteowl wrote:Yes, please do. A written list or diagram of your current connections would be most helpful.
here u go

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

The diagram was a big help.

The problem is you are feeding your guitar signal into Loop 4 and using the Loop 4 Out jack to re-route that guitar feed to Loop 6. Since GCX Loops can output a signal to only one location at a time - either the Send jack or the Out jack - when Loop 4 is idle your guitar signal passes through Loop 4 and on to Loop 6 where it feeds your Mesa, but when you activate Loop 4 the signal is then routed from the Send jack directly to your Marshall, with no signal going to the Mesa.

What you need is a Mono signal splitter or "Y-jack" coming out of the Loop 1 Out jack and feeding the In jacks on both Loop 4 and Loop 6. This will let you run either amp individually or both amps together.

Make sure to use a Mono signal splitter where all three ends have tip/sleeve connections, and not an Insert cable where the single end has a Tip/Ring/Sleeve connector that breaks out into a pair of Tip/Sleeve connectors.

Hope this helps...
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

zangiamit91

Post by zangiamit91 »

nyteowl wrote:The diagram was a big help.

The problem is you are feeding your guitar signal into Loop 4 and using the Loop 4 Out jack to re-route that guitar feed to Loop 6. Since GCX Loops can output a signal to only one location at a time - either the Send jack or the Out jack - when Loop 4 is idle your guitar signal passes through Loop 4 and on to Loop 6 where it feeds your Mesa, but when you activate Loop 4 the signal is then routed from the Send jack directly to your Marshall, with no signal going to the Mesa.

What you need is a Mono signal splitter or "Y-jack" coming out of the Loop 1 Out jack and feeding the In jacks on both Loop 4 and Loop 6. This will let you run either amp individually or both amps together.

Make sure to use a Mono signal splitter where all three ends have tip/sleeve connections, and not an Insert cable where the single end has a Tip/Ring/Sleeve connector that breaks out into a pair of Tip/Sleeve connectors.

Hope this helps...
it's pretty sad the gcx cant feed 2 sends. but i does it with Y cable and it's work =] so thank u very much!!

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

zangiamit91 wrote:it's pretty sad the gcx cant feed 2 sends. but i does it with Y cable and it's work =] so thank u very much!!
Perhaps you're a bit confused about how switching devices are designed, as you are unfairly faulting the GCX for working the way it's supposed to work. There would be no point in having the audio signal present at both the Send and Out jacks simultaneously, as that would defeat the entire purpose of using loops to switch effects in and out of your signal chain.

In your case, however, based on your diagram, I suspect you could avoid using a splitter by using the Loop 1 Out to feed the Loop 4 In and the Feed Thru jack to feed the Loop 6 In.