Hum and noise problems

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
andefeldt

Re: Hum and noise problems

Post by andefeldt »

Sorry, I just copied your procedure and forgot to change the text. The correct path/test is

1. Guitar to Loop 1 In.
2. Loop 1 Send to Pedal #1 In.
3. Pedal #1 Out to Loop 1 Return.
4. Loop 1 Out to Loop 2 In
5. Continue through all loops
4. Loop 8 Out to Feedthru #1 on the front panel of the GCX.
6. Feedthru #1 on the rear panel of the GCX to G-Force.
7. G-Force to soundcard

I have no pop sound now. So by using the GCX buffer just before the G-Force removed the pop/click sound. So I guess that I just have to have a buffer before the G-Force. Or could I simply add a bleed resistor to the input of the G-Force as well?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

You can certainly experiment with the resistor... but routing thru the buffer seems to be the easiest way to me. ;)

Like I mentioned previously, the resistor mod was specific to only the Output on older model G-Forces when used in a true bypass switcher... I don't know what you can expect out of putting it on the input but if you ever were to use the G-Force in another way it may cause an impedance mismatch and or muddy up the signal.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

andefeldt

Post by andefeldt »

Agreed, that it's easier.

I'll try out a bleed resistor in the input of the G-Force instead of the output. If that doesn't help, then I'll place a buffer between the GCX and G-Force.

Thanks for all your help John.