GCX and One Control Gecko iii

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
christaylor

GCX and One Control Gecko iii

Post by christaylor »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help...

I have a GCX and Ground Control Pro but all I want the GCX for is to alternate between a few stomp boxes, inserted in one of the loops of my Fractal Axe FX iii. I have a foot controller for the Fractal and so just need a way to select the loops on the GCX. Of course I could use the Ground Control Pro, but it takes up a lot of pedalboard just to select a particular loop on the GCX.

So here is the question. I also have a One Control Gecko iii, which is tiny and has 20 presets (which is more than I need). Trouble is, I can't get it to talk to the GCX. If I plug it in and operate any of the footswitches on the Gecko, the 'active' LED on the GCX blinks on, so they must be communicating something, but that's as far as it goes. To be honest neither product's manual is much help.

Any ideas???

thanks

JohnClark

Re: GCX and One Control Gecko iii

Post by JohnClark »

The GCX responds to MIDI Control Change messages 80 - 87 on MIDI Channel 16. This is shown in the "Using the GCX without a Ground Control" section of the unhelpful GCX manual. ;)

The Gecko MKIII doesn't look to be able to send Control Change messages other than for its Tap Tempo button so I do not believe it would be able to properly control a GCX on its own.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------