Liquid Foot Midi

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Geoff101

Liquid Foot Midi

Post by Geoff101 »

So I have several pedals and I use 2 GCX Audio Switches. But with the GCP its hard to control whats on the second GCX. So I was curious if the Liquid Foot controller would be able to control 2 GCX audio switches? or will it only work with 1?

Marlboro05

Re: Liquid Foot Midi

Post by Marlboro05 »

Hi there,
I’m not sure if the Liquid foot controller has GCX capabilities, the GCX is on midi channel 16 and is controlled by the following commands.

MIDI CH16, CC80, Data 0 (Loop 1 Off)
MIDI CH16, CC81, Data 0 (Loop 2 Off)
MIDI CH16, CC82, Data 127 (Loop 3 ON)
MIDI CH16, CC83, Data 127 (Loop 4 ON)
MIDI CH16, CC84, Data 0 (Loop 5 Off)
MIDI CH16, CC85, Data 0 (Loop 6 Off)
MIDI CH16, CC86, Data 0 (Loop 7 Off)
MIDI CH16, CC87, Data 0 (Loop 8 Off)

There is a post where John has helped someone out with more info on this.

viewtopic.php?t=5384

If it doesn’t have GCX support, I’d say that you are back to where you are with the single GC Pro.
This is only a problem if you wish to have instant access to the loops of the second GCX. They are all able to be switched with presets.

There is a Beta firmware that enables IA (Instant Access) mode, so you have 2 banks of 12 Instant Access switches or if you get a second GC Pro, you can have the Preset GC Pro in Preset mode, the second in IA mode and have 20 Instant Access buttons, plus the other 12 on the second bank. Also, you can have the preset GC Pro in 10 preset mode and the second GC Pro in IA mode and have your 10 presets and 24 IA switches.
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.

Geoff101

Post by Geoff101 »

Yeah I just wanted to avoid another GCP and having 2 square boxes on the floor. The liquid pro seems to be a perfect fit it has 16 instant access switches and 6 presents and then bank up and down.

Marlboro05

Post by Marlboro05 »

Hi there,
They don’t seem to have much support, I have checked them out before, just did it again after you mentioned it. They definitely have more options, there just seems to be a few people not happy with them, some are though. It could be said for the GC Pro to I suppose🤷‍♂️

I’d like to give them a go though, if I could get one I would. Can’t even find any 2nd hand ones. The A-16 looks good to, similar to the Switchblade. I’d like to try one of them.

Did you read the post where John tells you how to configure the GCX’s with another controller? You should be able to do it.
GCPro, GCX, Pedal Power 2+, Pedal Power AC.
And some other stuff.