New RIG - Lots of Questions

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JohnClark

Re: New RIG - Lots of Questions

Post by JohnClark »

In that case I must exit the conversation, I have no knowledge of the benefits of using balanced cable with gear that mostly uses unbalanced connections. :(
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

RocknFree

Post by RocknFree »

John

Fair answer. Back to my original topic of the rig.

Im good on effects loop and all my stomp boxes. For the most part.

My dilemma has been reduced to the following

1. Tuner
2. Wireless
3. RACKMOUNT Wah

I did a worksheet tonight and taking advantage of the feed through's, but I cant seem to find out how to tune on stage without saving a loop to mute. The Korg DTR2000 has a mute input where i can connect a latch box to switch it to mute, but again an extra pedal but I can keep it at the rack I guess.

As for the Wah, I see the GCX has expression pedals access 2 of them, and I thought about volume and wah pedal there from rackmount stuff????

If I can figure out how to use wireless, wah, and tuner (stage tuning mute) without using a loop, or even just ONE loop somehow, my problems are solved! I have the rest as figured out.

Could I go out of a loop on GCX and Into the HUSH and out on the HUSH back to an IN on a loop where it would pick up my delays and back to the amp effects loop? This would be my effects loop as I would put Hush in effects loop without using a switcher loop. Does this even make sense??? Im so lost I wanna give up!!

HELP!

The Blue Letter

Post by The Blue Letter »

ok so I was thinking about your dilemma, and came up with this solution... Now like I said before, there is not really a right or wrong way to do it... it just depends on what sounds you want to get. So definitely experiment with the order of your effects placement. And just go with whatever works best for you... but here is how I would probably wire it up:

Hopefully that helps out. Take care. If you need someone to wire it ll up for you too, let me know. I could definitely do that. :D
loud, louder, loudest

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

The above drawing close, but in order to have the tuner's signal mute function work the tuner must be fully in the signal path. The changes to the above drawing would be to run the output of the wireless directly to the input of the tuner, then run the output of the tuner to the In of GCX loop 5. This will allow the tuner to be on at all times and be able to mute the signal when you activate loop 4.

RocknFree

Post by RocknFree »

I need the Full Bore Metal in there!

I have a second switcher coming sounds like I will need it no?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Until the second GCX arrives, you can swap out the wah with the distortion in GCX loop 5. The show must go on!