sending cc in 10Preset Mode.

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
stuehrenberg

sending cc in 10Preset Mode.

Post by stuehrenberg »

Hi, I would like to control my Axe FX in 10Preset Mode. The only thing I want to control with CC is the tuner. It would be not very smart to switch to 4preset Mode and to lose so many knobs just to be able to turn on the tuner.

Is there any possibility to switch the tuner in 10 preset Mode?
Last edited by stuehrenberg on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnClark

Re: sening cc in 10Preset Mode.

Post by JohnClark »

You can use a custom made switch connected to one of the Expression Pedal ports on the Ground Control Pro to turn the tuner on and off. You have three intimidate options for this... The guys at Mission Engineering offer one that is called the TT-Latching, we can make one in an MXR sized chassis (cost is $50) or we can provide a schematic if you want to make one yourself.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

stuehrenberg

Re: sending cc in 10Preset Mode.

Post by stuehrenberg »

Great, I try the Mission Switch. That was the answer that i needed.

But think of the 8preset Mode in the future for those guys who generally use presets and only want to use :D very few CCs. I think there might be many of us :-)

raymitchell

Post by raymitchell »

I'm glad you posted this! I recently purchased a Ground Control Pro and immediately I found myself needing a sort of in-between mode as well. I'd like to have the bottom two rows of the GCP for presets and the top row for cc's. I posted about this a few weeks ago but, it seems to have gotten no traction. So, as things stand, I'm having to hunt around for a deal on a used Rocktron All Access and that is not what I want to do. I feel certain that the minds at Voodoo could pop out a few lines of code and make this available as an update/optional update in quick fashion. See Josh and John, I'm not the only one who really want this feature! HELP!!!!!

By the way, here's the post I did a few weeks back.

http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1182

Speak soon,
Ray Mitchell

Resonant Alien

Post by Resonant Alien »

raymitchell wrote:I'm glad you posted this! I recently purchased a Ground Control Pro and immediately I found myself needing a sort of in-between mode as well. I'd like to have the bottom two rows of the GCP for presets and the top row for cc's. I posted about this a few weeks ago but, it seems to have gotten no traction. So, as things stand, I'm having to hunt around for a deal on a used Rocktron All Access and that is not what I want to do. I feel certain that the minds at Voodoo could pop out a few lines of code and make this available as an update/optional update in quick fashion. See Josh and John, I'm not the only one who really want this feature! HELP!!!!!

By the way, here's the post I did a few weeks back.

http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1182

Speak soon,
Ray Mitchell

+1,000,000 I would love an "8 presets / 4 instant access" mode. This seems completely do-able.

esuav

Post by esuav »

I just bought and had to return the controller due to lack of a 8 preset / 4 CC mode.. it would have been absolutely perfect if it had this functionality.. Please add it! Otherwise, it was a very well built controller!