Major Problem!

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
reaper121088

Major Problem!

Post by reaper121088 »

Hi guys. I've sent an email to John Clark about the issue (thanks for helping me out, John), but I just thought I'd post on here for some different suggestions.
Basically, I'm using a Krank Revolution 1 amp head with 4x12 cab, GCX audio Switcher, Ground Control Pro, Boss NS-2, Boss EQ, Digitech delay, Digitech chorus. This is the suggested diagram. https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=1eC ... yoJQ&hl=en
Theoretically, it should work fine! I connected it all and now have no channel switching, no effects, no noise gate, just the guitar signal. As if my GCX wasn't even there! Can anyone help? I have a gig in 3 days and NEED this to be sorted before then!
Thanks in advance guys!

Edit: Just discovered the LEDs on the front of the GCX don't light up! They strobe when I turn it on, but when I turn the loops on and off they don't light up at all! Help?
Gear:

Krank Revolution series one
Voodoo Lab GCP and GCX
Digitech Digi Delay
Alto ACL2 compressor/limiter
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
Ibanez S720
EMG Pickups
DR Black Beauties coated black guitar strings (09-46)
Dunlop pitch black .88 and 1.00mm picks

ljbarbeau

Re: Major Problem!

Post by ljbarbeau »

My first guess. Midi cable? Is gcx turned on on gcp? Also ur link doesn't work for me....
Luigi
Triaxis, Triple Rectifier, Simul 2:90, DCR-2SR, BBE 482i, GCX,
G-Major 2, Furman M-8X, TS-808, Big Muff Pi, Ground Control Pro,
2x Ernie Ball 6166, Mesa Recto Cab 4x12. Main Guitar : Ibanez JEM7D

JohnClark

Re: Major Problem!

Post by JohnClark »

I suggest you try out a different MIDI cable between the Ground Control Pro MIDI Out and the GCX Pedal In. When there is a successful connection between the GCX and the Ground Control Pro, with the GCX enabled within Setup Mode on the Ground Control Pro, the Active LED on the GCX will light up and stay on. Regardless of the GCX being enabled or not, the Active LED should flash any time there is any MIDI signal passing to the GCX. I hope this helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------