Ground Control Program Change w/Displayed Instant Access LED

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
VHTSplawnJon

Ground Control Program Change w/Displayed Instant Access LED

Post by VHTSplawnJon »

I've been looking at the manual, and i dont see a clear answer.

I would like to Know what instant access buttons are on... when i switch a preset.

example.

Preset 1 = Gmajor effect + instant access 2 +Instant access 3 +Instant access 8

Preset 2 = Gmajor effect + Instant access 1 + Instant access 7

when i switch between presets, is there anyway to program the Ground control pro to show or display what instant access things are one? so those LED's would be lit, and on the fly if i wanted to remove or just know what i have going.

JohnClark

Re: Ground Control Program Change w/Displayed Instant Access

Post by JohnClark »

To make the instant access button status match with effects that are active on a given preset:

1. Call up the Ground Control Pro preset that you want to edit.
2. Press any of the Instant Access buttons that should be on for this preset.
3. Press and hold the EDIT button.
4. Once the Ground Control Pro screen changes, press the EDIT button again.
5. Press the YES button to save the changes.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for each Ground Control Pro preset that has active effects.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

arizona guitarist

Post by arizona guitarist »

Don't you also have to have Xmit w/preset for the IA switch?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

arizona guitarist wrote:Don't you also have to have Xmit w/preset for the IA switch?
Not in this case. Here you are programming the status of the LED for the Instant Access button that controls an effect block that has been recalled with the preset. You do not need to send the "on" command for this effect block because the effect is already part of the preset. I hope that helps!

Giga

Post by Giga »

Hello all, new member here. I've just bought a used GCP and I'm running into some problems.
Since it's sorta similar to the problems above I thought I'd reply here instead of starting another thread.

I'm using the 4/8 setting. Suppose you're in preset X with a few added IA switches. When I go to preset Y all of the IA switches return to their off-position. I've tackled this by using a separate switcher and looper so now I can change presets using the switcher while leaving the IA-switches (which work through the looper) as is.
The problem is this: when I switch presets (while leaving the IA switches alone) the status LED's for the IA switches go out. Is there a solution for this ?

The second problem: if I step a second time on a preset-switch, some seemingly random action is executed, sometimes even all the switches on the attached switcher come on for 1 or 2 seconds and then they all turn off... Help !!

Thanks,

Giga

Update: the second problem is solved, midi-channel f**k-up :oops:

The first problem persists, even after switching the IA-buttons to XMIT w/preset....

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Giga wrote:Hello all, new member here. I've just bought a used GCP and I'm running into some problems.
Since it's sorta similar to the problems above I thought I'd reply here instead of starting another thread.

I'm using the 4/8 setting. Suppose you're in preset X with a few added IA switches. When I go to preset Y all of the IA switches return to their off-position. I've tackled this by using a separate switcher and looper so now I can change presets using the switcher while leaving the IA-switches (which work through the looper) as is.
The problem is this: when I switch presets (while leaving the IA switches alone) the status LED's for the IA switches go out. Is there a solution for this ?

The second problem: if I step a second time on a preset-switch, some seemingly random action is executed, sometimes even all the switches on the attached switcher come on for 1 or 2 seconds and then they all turn off... Help !!

Thanks,

Giga

The first problem persists, even after switching the IA-buttons to XMIT w/preset....
Well your problem is just like the OP and the solution is the same too...
You need to program the state of the Instant Access buttons for each Ground Control Pro preset. You will not want to enable the XMIT with Preset for these buttons if your switcher is recalling patches via Program Changes.
Have you tried this?

I hope that helps.

Giga

Post by Giga »

JohnClark wrote:
Giga wrote:Hello all, new member here. I've just bought a used GCP and I'm running into some problems.

Thanks,

Giga

Well your problem is just like the OP and the solution is the same too...
You need to program the state of the Instant Access buttons for each Ground Control Pro preset. You will not want to enable the XMIT with Preset for these buttons if your switcher is recalling patches via Program Changes.
Have you tried this?

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the attempt John but doesn't solve my problem (I've tried it).

What I mean is this:

suppose I'm on preset 1 (just the amp, no fx) and I add my overdrive through n IA switch. I would like the overdrive to stay on even I switch to preset 2. Until I switch the overdrive off and than it has to stay off also when I go to another preset. Does this make better sense ?

Giga

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Ah ha... well that changes everything, Giga. What you want is for the Instant Access buttons to be independent of the presets. This can be done but it all depends on how you control your switcher. If you are controlling your switcher using default GCX Control Change messages, then you will want to simply disable the GCX within each Ground Control Pro preset. So what is this switcher you are using?

Giga

Post by Giga »

JohnClark wrote:Ah ha... well that changes everything, Giga. What you want is for the Instant Access buttons to be independent of the presets. This can be done but it all depends on how you control your switcher. If you are controlling your switcher using default GCX Control Change messages, then you will want to simply disable the GCX within each Ground Control Pro preset. So what is this switcher you are using?
It's a Diamond/RJM switcher I bought used. It has 5 switchingrelais and I use it (for now) to do channelswitching and volumeswitching on my amp and to switch my klon in and out (modded for a remote footswitch).

Switch 4 is used for channelswitching and is part of my preset(s)
Switch 5 is for volumeswitching and under an IA switch
Switch 1 is for the Klon and under an IA switch

Thanks !

Giga

MusicMaker

Post by MusicMaker »

Does this work for a Bank4 enabled Ground Control as well or is it only available on the Pro model?

thanks