Commander preset program glitch

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
emergere

Commander preset program glitch

Post by emergere »

I just got a commander so I can control my two switchers. I am probably jumping the gun posting this question. I can't get it to save/change preset programs for some reason. Commander lights work, bank light blinks, preset lights blink, but it won't save anything. All preset buttons do nothing and what ever is selected on the switchers stays the same. MIDI path is
Midi out commander-->MIDI in switcher 1-->MIDI out switcher 1-->MIDI IN switcher 2. Any thoughts?

JohnClark

Re: Commander preset program glitch

Post by JohnClark »

In order to save a preset on the Commander you must do the following:

1. Press any of the Pedal Switcher buttons that should be active for your preset.
2. Select the preset bank you want to save to, 1-5 or 6-10 on Commander.
3. Press-and-hold the Store button on the Commander until it starts blinking (about 3 seconds), then press the desired preset button at the same time.
4. All the LEDs will flash to confirm that the preset has been saved.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

emergere

Re: Commander preset program glitch

Post by emergere »

Thanks for the reply John. Turns out the MIDI cables where malfunctioning. Three out of four were powering up the commander but not communicating with or between switchers. Fortunately I have a few others. Guess I need one of those cable testers.