How do I use instant access buttons with 2 GCX's?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
gravity_81

How do I use instant access buttons with 2 GCX's?

Post by gravity_81 »

Hi, Sorry if this has been covered already.

basically I'm now using 2 GCX's cos I have 13 pedals in the rack. So now I'm trying to edit presets (I'm using the 4 preset per bank mode) so that I still have the 8 instant access buttons. BUT cos I'm using 2 GCX's and altogether I am using 13 loops, how do I get instant access to the loops (pedals) of the 2nd GCX? So for example:

Instant access button 3 is a TS808 (GCX 1), but on the 2nd GCX, loop 3 is a delay.

How do I have the instant access function of turning on/off either the TS808 or the delay?

Please help! I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

JohnClark

Re: How do I use instant access buttons with 2 GCX's?

Post by JohnClark »

There are a total of eight Instant Access buttons. Any one of these Instant Access buttons can be programmed to control the state of any one GCX Loop in a system. You have 13 GCX Loops that you are using. All of the GCX Loops can be pre-programed to come up in the correct state with your Ground Control Pro presets. Eight of the GCX loops can further be controlled by the Instant Access buttons.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

gravity_81

Post by gravity_81 »

Thanks for getting back to me. I read the manual and it didn't state anything about having instant access for loops on a 2nd GCX?
I've programmed all the presets with the loops I want to use, but would like instant access to the 2nd GCX loops (where my mod, delays are etc).

So does that mean that I can only use instant access buttons (1-8) on that first GCX?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

With only a single Ground Control Pro and two GCX switchers, you would pick the eight loops out of the 16 that you absolutely cannot live without having Instant Access to. Re-assigning Instant Access buttons is covered in the Instant Access section under Setup Mode in the Ground Control Pro manual. Each Instant Access button can be independently programmed to control any one loop on any one of the GCX switchers in the setup.

What are the eight pedals you want to control with the Instant Access buttons and what GCX loops are they connected to?

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

Instant access buttons can be programed to control ANY loop in ANY GCX.

Press the 2 Set Up buttons to enter Set Up mode...you'll see SELECT 2-8.

Press Instant Access button.....You'll see 1.GCX-1 LOOP 1

The first number refers to the Number of the Instant Access button you are programing.

Scroll down with BANK to get to the Instant Access button you want.
In you case 3.GCX-! LOOP3

GCX-! refers to the number of the GCX. Press YES -NO to scroll thru.. 1-4. In your case....select 2. GCX-2

LOOP1 refers to the LOOP in the GCX that you want that Instant Access button to control. CURSOR over then YES or NO for Up and Down thru the LOOP numbers.

Thats it. Mix and match as you like.

gravity_81

Post by gravity_81 »

Thanks for the reply guys. I got all that but still would like to know if you can control loops for the 2 gcx's for different presets. For example..

For 1 part of a song I use Instant access button 3 (TS808 on GCX 1) but would like instant access to the timefactor (also loop 3 but on GCX 2). If I was to have that instant access button 3 control the loop 3 on GCX 2, does that mean it's always gonna instant access GCX 2? In other words, can I use instant access 3 to control GCX 1 or 2 for different presets?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

The Instant Access buttons are "global", meaning they do not change their programmed behavior based on the current preset. If you set Instant Access button 3 to control Loop 3 on GCX 2... it will always control Loop 3 on GCX 2. Any one of the Instant Access buttons can be programmed to control any one of the loops on any one GCX.