GCP + GCX or Control Switcher

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
blewmeaway

GCP + GCX or Control Switcher

Post by blewmeaway »

I currently have GCP and a GCX and i'm trying to figure out if it is possible to program a midi message within a preset on the GCP (button 1-4) to switch the loops on the GCX so that i can avoid wasting IA buttons. I would like to dedicate all 8 IA buttons towards switching between fx on my processor, so i dont want to waste them on the GCX. If this method is not possible with the gcx, will the control switcher (i am only using it for channel switching anyway) work in this manner?

Essentially i just want to be able to step on buttons 1-4 and have it switch to channels 1-4 on my amp, but not take up any of the IA buttons in order to accomplish this, so that all the IA buttons are available for switching FX on my processor.

THanks!

carstenlange

Re: GCP + GCX or Control Switcher

Post by carstenlange »

Yes, you can, when you program your loops being on or off during setup it has nothing to do with the IA.

Lets say you want to program loops 1 and 4 to be on when you hit channel 1.

Make sure loops 1 and 4 are off before you hit edit(you toggle the IA leds on and off before you hit edit to determine wgich iA should be on in you case you want none) Hit edit scroll down to gcx 1 and then choose loop 1 and loop 4 by pushing their buttuns and then save.

You will now see when you call up this preset, loop 1 and loop 4 is on and the gcx leds are lit, but the leds for IA 1 and 4 are off, You program the IA functions globally any when you hold down the left and right setup buttons and not per channel.

I have it so channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 call up the loops that change channels on my amps. The IA buttons are used for truning on phaser,flanger, proctavia, tube screamer, delay, delay tap, reverb, and g major true bypass
Custom Audio Amplifiers PT100
Bogner Ecstasy 101B
Carvin electric guitars

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

The Ground Control Pro presets can control the state of the loops on up to four GCX switchers at once. The Controlling the GCX Guitar Audio Switcher section under Edit Mode of the Ground Control Pro manual explains how to program the state of the GCX loops with your Ground Control Pro presets.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

blewmeaway

Post by blewmeaway »

Carstenlange,

I appreciate your reply! However, your process is how I have been programming it And the IA buttons continue to light up! Am I missing a step? I chose my preset, I clicked all the IAs off, entered edit mode, scrolled down to gcx, hit the IA button for the loop I want to activate, save and then when that preset is chosen the IA lights!

This is confusing!

More help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

blewmeaway

Post by blewmeaway »

I just figured it out! The Gcx loops were globally assigned to the corresponding IA buttons, and as soon as I changed that the preset functioned correctly! Thanks for your help carstenlange!!!