Expression pedals "on" automatically for every preset?

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
arizona guitarist

Expression pedals "on" automatically for every preset?

Post by arizona guitarist »

Maybe I am just too new, and haven't made enough presets yet since getting the expression pedal hooked up, but can I just default the Ground Control to have them "on" no matter what preset I am in or I create?

I have two Ernie Ball volume pedals so I would just assume have one always set to 007 and one to 008, rather than have to set those in each preset.

I am always using volume for whatever reason, and now that I can control parameters, I want that one set so I can just add it to the G-Maj whenever needed.

JohnClark

Re: Expression pedals "on" automatically for every preset?

Post by JohnClark »

When first enabled, the Expression Pedals will default to sending Control Change 007 for P1 and Control Change 016 for P2, both sending to the first device named in the Device Name/Channel section on every preset. If you must use Control Change 008 for your second Expression Pedal then you will need to edit each preset. I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

arizona guitarist

I just set it to 008 cause I didn't know any better. But I will play with it a bit more. It seems that even 007 is something I have to manually set in each preset.

I might just wipe it clean and do reset now that I have probably botched everything up in the learning process.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

What software version is your Ground Control Pro running? This is displayed at the end of the startup splash screen.

arizona guitarist

JohnClark wrote:What software version is your Ground Control Pro running? This is displayed at the end of the startup splash screen.
You are correct, it defaults to 007. I will assume when I finally get another patch cable that Ex 2 will be as you say.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Saving presets before enabling an expression pedal port will default the expression pedal to Off within the presets. If 016 is OK for your use on all the presets for Pedal 2 then you might want to go ahead and enable it now.

hairguitar

Post by hairguitar »

JohnClark wrote:Saving presets before enabling an expression pedal port will default the expression pedal to Off within the presets.
John, I'm having a similar problem but with one pedal only. My hack workaround is to "double-tap" each preset switch when I select it; cumbersome at best.

If I go through all my presets one by one, disable the pedal port, save the preset, then re-enable the port will this solve the problem?

Thanks for any insight!

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

hairguitar wrote:
JohnClark wrote:Saving presets before enabling an expression pedal port will default the expression pedal to Off within the presets.
John, I'm having a similar problem but with one pedal only. My hack workaround is to "double-tap" each preset switch when I select it; cumbersome at best.

If I go through all my presets one by one, disable the pedal port, save the preset, then re-enable the port will this solve the problem?

Thanks for any insight!
I'm afraid I do not follow you...
What are your expression pedals programmed to do on any given preset? What happens if you only press your preset once?