Control Switcher Programming Issue

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
marcel.olivier

Control Switcher Programming Issue

Post by marcel.olivier »

Hello Forum!

This is a first post.

I'm trying to contact you because I've been having issues programing a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher.

How it happens:
1 - Reset the unit: press and hold switches 2 and 3 while power up, when released press switches 1 to 4 as they comes up. Key difference here: At the end of this procedure, instead of blinking 3 times and then turning of the lights, at the second blink, all lights stays on, I have also waited for 10min with them on. The unit seems to reset because any Program Chance / CC Change and Midi Channel setups previously made are reset.
2 - Set the unit to receive both Program Change and Control Change, press and hold the switch 1 while power up, hit switches 1 and 2, power off the unit.
3 - By default, unit is receiving on MIDI-IN Channel 1. I do check if that is correct: power-up while holding switch 2, when release, no lights are lighten.
4 - Send at MIDI-IN a Program Change in Channel 1. The cable and foot midi controller are working and sending in this combination because I can validate that in Axe-Fx 2 XL+ MIDI-IN, mapped to Channel 1. Presets are changed at Axe Fx 2 XL+ as sent by the foot midi controller.
5 - Set the switches relays as desired. Relays are working properly, the Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Reborn back P10 input relays corresponds accordingly.
6 - This is where the problem seems to occur. Once I set the relays, and than try pressing and holding switch 1 and 4, the preset do not get saved. It only activates relay 1.

I'm using a Voodoo Ground Control Pro MIDI footswitch.

I would like it to trigger changes on both Axe Fx 2 XL+ and the Control Switcher.

I have tried to connect the Control Switcher MIDI-IN directly to Ground Control Pro MIDI-OUT and also to Axe Fx 2 XL+ MIDI THRU, which according to Fractal Audio documentation is hardwired to the MIDI-IN input.

I have also tried to setup Control Control Pro to send both Channel 1 and Channel 2 and set the Control Switcher to Channel 2.

I have also tried the "plug n play" setup on Control Switcher's manual.

Could anyone please advise?

Best regards,
Marcel

nyteowl

Re: Control Switcher Programming Issue

Post by nyteowl »

Have you configured each of your MIDI devices in your GCPro as outlined on Pages 6 and 7 of your GCPro Owner's Manual?
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

JohnClark

Re: Control Switcher Programming Issue

Post by JohnClark »

Sorry for the delay here!

Before we can get anywhere with this it is important to know if your Control switcher has Red Buttons that light up, or Black Buttons with LEDs next to them. The programming steps are different for each model.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------