Setup for GCP, GCX, G-Major, JMP-1, and stomp boxes.

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
DF400

Setup for GCP, GCX, G-Major, JMP-1, and stomp boxes.

Post by DF400 »

Hi,
I just bought the GCP and the GCX and am excited about setting them up. I have read the manuals and am getting ready to start programing. I understand that during the initial setup, I can select the option of using four switches for program change on my JMP-1. I also want to set up the eight loops for my stomp boxes, however, I would also like the option of activating the effects on my G-Major.

My question is: Can I have one bank control for my JMP-1 and stomp boxes, and another bank for my JMP-1 and program changes on my G-Major utilizing the eight access buttons? I think I have figured out how to connect everything, however, not too sure about the programing.

If so, I am contemplating using the second bank with the JMP-1 by connecting the G-major through the effect loop and using the GCP to change the JMP-1 and G-Major patches.

Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JohnClark

Re: Setup for GCP, GCX, G-Major, JMP-1, and stomp boxes.

Post by JohnClark »

Ground Control Pro presets can be programmed to control up to eight MIDI devices simultaneously or to ignore any number of these devices. Each preset can also control up to 4 GCX switchers or ignore any number of these GCXs... so Yes, one bank of presets can control only the JMP-1 while another bank can control the JMP-1, the G-Major and the GCX. In order to make a preset ignore a device named within the Ground Control Pro simply enter either 00 or 128 as the Program Change (the correct one will display two dashes on the Ground Control Pro screen) A GCX can be disabled within a Ground Control Pro preset by pressing the No button while the desired GCX is displayed.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------