GCP - Sending Program Change and CC change from a Preset

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
VHTSplawnJon

GCP - Sending Program Change and CC change from a Preset

Post by VHTSplawnJon »

I just picked up a GCX + Ground Control Pro.

IM running two amp heads, and a g-major.

I'm Planning on running with the 8 instant access/ 4 presets mode. Can the gcp send a program change along with CC changes that would show on the instant access buttons.

Example: I would save the specific effect (Phaser Room) setting i want on my G-major with the the effects blocks shut off.

Once i hit a preset i want my GCP to tell the the g-major to switch to that spcific effect (phaser room), and tell the effects blocks (Filter, reverb, chorus) that apply to then turn on. This would then show on my GCP instant access buttons which effects blocks are lit up or on.

This way on the fly, i could see what effects within "Phaser Room" are on and remove say "reverb" from from my GCP.

IS this possible?

(A friend of mine has a Modded FCB1010.. and he does this.. so he can see what of his effects are on , on a given preset.)

JohnClark

Re: GCP - Sending Program Change and CC change from a Preset

Post by JohnClark »

Once you have the Instant Access buttons directly controlling the bypass state of the effect blocks on the G-Major you will be able to program the Ground Control Pro presets to show the correct bypass/active state for any of the effect blocks you are controlling. In order to make the status of your Instant Access buttons match with patches you are recalling on any MIDI device, follow the steps below.

1. Call up the Ground Control Pro preset you wish to edit.
2. Press any of the Instant Access buttons that should be active for this preset.
3. Press and hold the Edit button, release it once the screen changes to your device name.
4. Press the Edit button then press the Yes button to save the state of these Instant Access buttons with the current preset.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------