2 Feature Requests

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Resonant Alien

2 Feature Requests

Post by Resonant Alien »

Not sure if there is a place to enter "official" feature requests to the GC Pro team, but here goes.

I am NOT complaining - I'm loving my GC Pro so far, just offering constructive input that I think would make the product even better.

There are two capabilities that would make the GC Pro 100% perfect in my book:

1) Ability to assign different CC values to the Instant Access buttons on a per-preset basis, rather than the CC values being set globally for all presets. Other controllers recognize the value in being to do this (Liquid Foot, All Access, just to name a couple), and I don't see any reason the GC Pro shouldn't be able to offer this flexibility as well.

2) An "8 presets/bank" mode in addition to the existing 10 presets and 4 presets modes. I rarely need more than 4 Instant Access buttons for a given preset, but since currently Instant Access assignments are global, I am using the 8 assignments in 4 presets mode. However, if Request #1 were granted, allowing me to change Instant Access CC value assignments per-preset, it would open up the possibility to have an 8 presets and 4 Instant Access buttons mode, since I could change what those 4 IA buttons control with each preset

Any chance? Think about it guys - there are probably people that go buy a Liquid Foot or All Access just to get this flexibility, but if the GC Pro offered it, and still came in at the very reasonable price of $400, I bet you could capture some of those sales instead of LF or Rocktron.....

Thanks,
Rick

ljbarbeau

Re: 2 Feature Requests

Post by ljbarbeau »

+1
Luigi
Triaxis, Triple Rectifier, Simul 2:90, DCR-2SR, BBE 482i, GCX,
G-Major 2, Furman M-8X, TS-808, Big Muff Pi, Ground Control Pro,
2x Ernie Ball 6166, Mesa Recto Cab 4x12. Main Guitar : Ibanez JEM7D

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

This is the perfect place for requests and constructive feedback. There have been a few discussions amongst us here at the Lab about some of the alternate modes but nothing concrete as of yet. Stay tuned...
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Benguitar

Post by Benguitar »

I like the 2nd idea a lot, But in my opinion wouldn't it be more logical to have an option to set as many buttons as presets or instant action buttons as you wanted?

Basically, If you only need to turn on a loop and a solo boost, You can have those two buttons set to instant access, while all the others are set to preset modes and vice versa/etc?

My guess is this feature would be set in an options menu for (example)

'Button 8>Instant Access/Preset>Yes/No?'

Resonant Alien

Post by Resonant Alien »

Benguitar wrote:I like the 2nd idea a lot, But in my opinion wouldn't it be more logical to have an option to set as many buttons as presets or instant action buttons as you wanted?

Basically, If you only need to turn on a loop and a solo boost, You can have those two buttons set to instant access, while all the others are set to preset modes and vice versa/etc?

My guess is this feature would be set in an options menu for (example)

'Button 8>Instant Access/Preset>Yes/No?'
I agree, but I am assuming that part of the reason the GC Pro is reasonably priced compared to some other controllers is that it is not as flexible as those other controllers. I was assuming that if they made the GC Pro super-configurable like the Liquid Foot, Little Giant or All Access, the the price would also be more like that of those other controllers as well. I think there could be some significant and easy improvements to the GCP that would not require a massive increase in price.

Benguitar

Post by Benguitar »

Resonant Alien wrote: I agree, but I am assuming that part of the reason the GC Pro is reasonably priced compared to some other controllers is that it is not as flexible as those other controllers. I was assuming that if they made the GC Pro super-configurable like the Liquid Foot, Little Giant or All Access, the the price would also be more like that of those other controllers as well. I think there could be some significant and easy improvements to the GCP that would not require a massive increase in price.

I think a selectable instant access mode/ 'you choose which buttons are instant access, and which buttons are presets'

Could easily be done with a firmware update?

Therefore, I hope the price wouldn't increase at all.

I just got my GCX and Ground Control Pro today, and I'm loving it, But that is probably the ONLY thing I can think of that could be improved with the Ground Control Pro.

Other wise, I think it is a super versatile MIDI controller~

:)