A couple GCX/Ground Control Pro questions

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
Benguitar

A couple GCX/Ground Control Pro questions

Post by Benguitar »

Hello, I was wondering if someone could give me some advice as to how to set these settings up?

I changed my Ground Control Pro over to 10 presets instead of 4.

I'm having a bit of trouble getting everything set the way I want it, Basically, It makes more sense to me to have the Ground Control Pro setup in 10 preset mode, But I have no clue as to how I will setup a on/off for a solo boost, on/off for reverb on the amp and etc?

When I had it in 4 preset mode, The first four buttons were set to the 4 amp channels on my Road King, Which was a waste for me, Because I only wanted to use one channel per preset, So I don't need my channel's as instant access buttons...

And I also am having a bit of a difficult time getting the second expression pedal to work, I currently have Pedal 2 turned off because I know it isn't setup to work on my BOSS GT-PRO, Where as Expression Pedal 1 is set on the BOSS GT-PRO to 'Auto' which basically makes it a volume pedal until the wah-wah is turned on or etc.

What I'd like to do is set expression pedal 1 to volume and only volume, and expression pedal 2 will vary per preset (wah, pitch, delay time, etc) and hopefully I can program it to not require an instant access button to turn it on/off.

If I can just start 'moving' the pedal and have the preset 'wah, pitch, etc' turn on and start taking effect, That'd be perfect.

I think the whole preset mode/instant access button issue could be solved if I could have the bottom two rows of buttons set as presets, while the top row as instant access buttons, "Reverb, Delay, Solo Boost, Tuner"

That's pretty much all I need when it comes to instant access buttons, 1 to turn my reverb on/off, 1 to work as a 'color' button on my BOSS which basically just turns on/off the delay, or the mod, or eq, etc, a Solo Boost on my Road King and 1 to turn on/off the tuner which will mute the rig.

And like I said, If I could set the second expression pedal to turn on/off the 'expression-able effect per preset' and then it would also start controlling the effect, simultaneously. That'd be perfect.

Example, When the second expression pedal moves down the effect turns on, and is now controlled by the expression pedal.

When the expression pedal is off or 'pulled back all the way' the effect turns off after about 1-2 seconds

Is there anyway I can go about setting this all up?

-Ben

JohnClark

Re: A couple GCX/Ground Control Pro questions

Post by JohnClark »

In 10 Presets per Bank mode there are no Instant Access buttons. The state of things like Boost and Reverb will need to be included in your Ground Control Pro presets if you use this mode.

If you are going to use more than one expression pedal you will need to assign their function in both the Ground Control Pro and the GT-Pro. Volume is usually Controller 007, and Wah can be any other Controller number you choose. The ability to have the effect activate upon moving the expression pedal wholly depends on the device being controlled. Moving the expression pedal will send the desired controller number to the device assigned within the Ground Control Pro preset, it is up to the receiving device to respond to this message type as you want.

Good Luck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

Benguitar

Re: A couple GCX/Ground Control Pro questions

Post by Benguitar »

JohnClark wrote:In 10 Presets per Bank mode there are no Instant Access buttons. The state of things like Boost and Reverb will need to be included in your Ground Control Pro presets if you use this mode.

If you are going to use more than one expression pedal you will need to assign their function in both the Ground Control Pro and the GT-Pro. Volume is usually Controller 007, and Wah can be any other Controller number you choose. The ability to have the effect activate upon moving the expression pedal wholly depends on the device being controlled. Moving the expression pedal will send the desired controller number to the device assigned within the Ground Control Pro preset, it is up to the receiving device to respond to this message type as you want.

Good Luck!
Thanks John! I'm working on my setup as we speak, So far I've just set it in the 10 preset mode with 3 variations of the same preset, (2) being normal (3) being delay and (4) being wah on.

Presets (1) (5) & (9) are my cleans, *clean, clean+chorus & clean+delay*

and (0) is the tuner.

So that's how I have it working so far, The wah is controlled with the second expression pedal, but I never figured out how to get it to turn on/off without having to press a button.