GCX Ground Control/Audio Switcher/Gmajor 2

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
blackout68

GCX Ground Control/Audio Switcher/Gmajor 2

Post by blackout68 »

I'm trying to get my new rig all wired up and could really use some help. I got this thread going on at the TC forum but have had no bites. I'm trying to rig up my ground control to control both the audio switcher and gmajor 2. Id like to have my analog boost as button 1 on the instant access buttons and 2-7 different patches on the gmajor. Is the diagram below the correct wiring to do so? Or do I need to go midi out of the audio switcher to midi in or gmajor? Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Rig in question

JohnClark

Re: GCX Ground Control/Audio Switcher/Gmajor 2

Post by JohnClark »

blackout68 wrote:I'm trying to get my new rig all wired up and could really use some help. I got this thread going on at the TC forum but have had no bites. I'm trying to rig up my ground control to control both the audio switcher and gmajor 2. Id like to have my analog boost as button 1 on the instant access buttons and 2-7 different patches on the gmajor. Is the diagram below the correct wiring to do so? Or do I need to go midi out of the audio switcher to midi in or gmajor? Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Rig in question

The audio connections shown are correct for what you want to do. You will need to connect the MIDI Out of the GCX to the MIDI In of the G- Major 2.
Re-programming the Instant Access buttons is covered in the MIDI Continuous Controller On/Off portion of the Instant Access section under Setup Mode in the Ground Control Pro manual. You will assign each button that will control an effect block on the G-Major 2 to the same MIDI channel that the G-Major 2 is set to receive and assign the Control Change message that is associated with the Effect Block you wish to control. I hope that helps.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

blackout68

Re: GCX Ground Control/Audio Switcher/Gmajor 2

Post by blackout68 »

Thanks John! I'll add the midi cable and give it a shot.