GCX/GCP with line 6 echo pro

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
lheadri2

GCX/GCP with line 6 echo pro

Post by lheadri2 »

i have my gcp programmed to 4 presets. When I go to my clean preset that is supposed to have the echo pro in it, the loop activates, but every other time exactly the echo will still be on bypass. its like the midi message only gets there every other time. any thoughts? thanks

Jon Wilder

Re: GCX/GCP with line 6 echo pro

Post by Jon Wilder »

lheadri2 wrote:i have my gcp programmed to 4 presets. When I go to my clean preset that is supposed to have the echo pro in it, the loop activates, but every other time exactly the echo will still be on bypass. its like the midi message only gets there every other time. any thoughts? thanks
What it sounds like is happening is that the GCX loop that the echo resides in is in fact activating every time you switch to the clean MIDI preset, but at the same time the GCP is sending the Echo Pro itself a MIDI CC message that bypasses/unbypasses the Echo Pro itself every other time you select the clean MIDI preset. In order to hand off full control of the bypass/unbypass function to the GCX loops, all pedals that reside in the GCX loops must be unbypassed and not receive any MIDI CC bypass/unbypass message from the GCP.
Jon Wilder
Voodoo Lab
Tech Support

lheadri2

Post by lheadri2 »

Ok, That makes sense. I assigned a echo preset to all of my saved ground control banks regaurdless if i use the loop. Now it seems to never get stuck on bypass. thanks

stilwel

Post by stilwel »

IF you send MIDI PC #0 to the Echo Pro that puts it into Bypass.

Don't send PC #0.