Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JohnClark

Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Post by JohnClark »

Below are links to a memory dump from a Ground Control Pro that was programmed to control an Eleven Rack running the new Expansion Pack software. This will put all the default USER Bank preset names into the Ground Control Pro presets as well as set the Instant Access buttons and Expression Pedals so everything lines up with the default Eleven Rack setup.

Instant Access buttons:
Button 1 = Wah On/Off
Button 2 = FX1 On/Off
Button 3 = FX2 On/Off
Button 4 = Tap Tempo
Button 5 = Distotion On/Off
Button 6 = Modulation On/Off
Button 7 = Delay On/Off
Button 8 = Reverb On/Off

Expression Pedals:
Expression Pedal 1 = Volume Pedal in Eleven Rack Rigs.
Expression Pedal 2 = Wah position.

You will need a computer with a MIDI Interface and a program for sending MIDI bulk dumps. This has been tested on SendSX, MIDI-OX, SysEX Librarian and even the Line6 MIDI Memo for the iPhone.

Basic Instructions:
1. Download and unzip the appropriate file type for the program you will be using.
2. Load the unzipped file into your program and get the program ready to transmit.
3. Connect the MIDI Out of your MIDI Interface to the MIDI In of your Ground Control Pro.
4. Press both Setup Mode buttons on the Ground Control Pro to enter Setup Mode.
5. Press the MIDI button on the Ground Control Pro (Button 5).
6. Repeatedly press the Bank Down button until the display on the Ground Control Pro reads "RECEIVE MEM".
Now the Ground Control Pro is ready to receive the bulk dump. Once you start transmitting the memory dump, the Ground Control Pro display should start a counter indicating the progress that will count up to 200 once completed. The numbers may flash fairly quickly depending on the speed your program sends the message.

This was done using a Ground Control Pro running v1.13 software and an Eleven Rack running v2.0.2 software.

http://www.voodoolab.com/public/gcp/11R ... 13_syx.zip (.syx)

http://www.voodoolab.com/public/gcp/11R ... 13_mid.zip (.mid)
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

jadrury

Re: Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Post by jadrury »

John,

Is there a similar file(s) for the 11 Rack without the 11 Rack Expansion Pack ?? if so can you post the Hperlink as well.

Much Thanks,

Jim D.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

We currently do not have a pre-programmed template specifically for the earlier software revisions of Eleven Rack but I think the preset names will still line up for the most part... go ahead and try it out.

stevethompson

Post by stevethompson »

I just got a GCP today (v1.02) and it looks so far like this dump will work with the older version. Is Is there any reason I would need to upgrade to 1.13 or would it make sense to wait for 2.0? So far I am only using it for the 11R (with one expression pedal), but it may grow.

Thanks -
Steve

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

I suppose there isn't necessarily a need to update at this point if all is working. Running this memory dump on older revision software is largely untested so I just went for pointing out what version I used to create the template in case someone had funky stuff occur.

Good Luck!

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

I just did this with my Version 1.12 GCPro and using a M-Audio MIDISport Uno. No problems at all...
For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

spaige

Post by spaige »

I was able to do the dump but what shows up on the ground control is the Factory Bank. On the eleven rack is the Users Bank. When I switch on the Ground Control it stays in Factory Bank and the Eleven rack switches in the Users Bank. I dont believe the user group presets dumped into the ground control. How do I control the the eleven rack or control patches from the GCP to get the Eleven Rack to change Banks? Also can you dump the User Bank into the GCP also? Thanks Scott

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

spaige wrote:I was able to do the dump but what shows up on the ground control is the Factory Bank. On the eleven rack is the Users Bank. When I switch on the Ground Control it stays in Factory Bank and the Eleven rack switches in the Users Bank. I dont believe the user group presets dumped into the ground control. How do I control the the eleven rack or control patches from the GCP to get the Eleven Rack to change Banks? Also can you dump the User Bank into the GCP also? Thanks Scott
The Eleven Rack Template for the Ground Control Pro loads the preset names for the default patch names... basically, the names of the user bank patches as they were when you first pulled the Eleven Rack out of the box. The template is just a quick way to get started when this is all new to you.
If you have changed the patch names on the Eleven Rack User bank, then you will also have to manually change the preset name name on the Ground Control Pro if you want them to match. Complete instructions on how to do this are found under Edit Preset within the Ground Control Pro manual in the Naming Presets section.

I hope that helps!

alias7

Post by alias7 »

I just transferred the update but have an issue

I set up the GCP to 4 patches/bank to use the instant access buttons; BUT since performing the the update, banks still move by 10, so I can only access the first 4 patches of every bank.

e.g. bank 1, patches 1-4 work... bank up by one, "10" is displayed, and now I have access to 10, 11, 12, 13.... bank up by one again, "20" is displayed and I can access 20, 21, 22, 23.

Yes, instant access buttons work, so the update "took".

I tried to reinitialize/factory reset the GCP and did the transfer again without success.

running GCP purchased a few months ago new so assume it has the newest FW, 11R with EXP installed

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

alias7 wrote:I just transferred the update but have an issue

I set up the GCP to 4 patches/bank to use the instant access buttons; BUT since performing the the update, banks still move by 10, so I can only access the first 4 patches of every bank.

e.g. bank 1, patches 1-4 work... bank up by one, "10" is displayed, and now I have access to 10, 11, 12, 13.... bank up by one again, "20" is displayed and I can access 20, 21, 22, 23.

Yes, instant access buttons work, so the update "took".

I tried to reinitialize/factory reset the GCP and did the transfer again without success.

running GCP purchased a few months ago new so assume it has the newest FW, 11R with EXP installed

This is exactly how the displayed number should work. The displayed two digit number on the Ground Control Pro is showing the Bank Number and Button Number of the current Ground Control Pro preset...

"03" would be Bank 0, Button 3...
"10" would be Bank 1, Button 0...
"A4" would be Bank A, Button 4...

I hope that helps!