Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
tophat

Re: Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Post by tophat »

okay first question...should "receive Program" be on or off? also there were a few things checked in "send syx" but I corrected them to the settings you adviced...still sending thru the eleven rack...your earlier test with the short midi message did not seem to work going thru the Maudio audiophile interface

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:okay first question...should "receive Program" be on or off? also there were a few things checked in "send syx" but I corrected them to the settings you adviced...still sending thru the eleven rack...your earlier test with the short midi message did not seem to work going thru the Maudio audiophile interface
Not sure where you are seeing "receive program"... if you are talking about on the Ground Control Pro, then just leave those settings alone and scroll all the way down until the screen reads "RECEIVE MEM".

(Program Receive is only used if you will be controlling the Ground Control Pro using MIDI Program Change messages to remotely recall Ground Control Pro presets.)
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

tophat

Post by tophat »

okay everything reset and the send syx set the way you instructed...midi out to eleven rack "midi out from eleven rack to midi in to GCP" sent this file "11RXP_GCP113" and this is what the message on
send syx was
Sending MIDI out data...
Sent 16567 bytes

also GCP did not respond at all

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:okay everything reset and the send syx set the way you instructed...midi out to eleven rack "midi out from eleven rack to midi in to GCP" sent this file "11RXP_GCP113" and this is what the message on
send syx was
Sending MIDI out data...
Sent 16567 bytes

also GCP did not respond at all
Well I am stumped!

Please give us a call or write to info@voodoolab.com so we can arrange for an inspection of this unit... and I'll make sure it goes back to you with the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack already loaded.

tophat

Post by tophat »

I sent an email , so far no reply...just curious how much do you think it would cost for this service?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:I sent an email , so far no reply...just curious how much do you think it would cost for this service?
Who said anything about charging for this? ;)

Where in the world are you?

tophat

Post by tophat »

haha...Awesomeness....I'm in a little town called leander suburb of austin texas...where would I ship it to?

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:I sent an email , so far no reply...just curious how much do you think it would cost for this service?
We are unable to find an email from you... can you send me a PM with the email address you would like to use please.

jrichview

Post by jrichview »

JohnClark wrote:The Eleven Rack Template for the Ground Control Pro loads the preset names for the default patch names... basically, the names of the user bank patches as they were when you first pulled the Eleven Rack out of the box. The template is just a quick way to get started when this is all new to you.
If you have changed the patch names on the Eleven Rack User bank, then you will also have to manually change the preset name name on the Ground Control Pro if you want them to match. Complete instructions on how to do this are found under Edit Preset within the Ground Control Pro manual in the Naming Presets section.
Sorry for the lateness of this question. I realize this is "so 5 minutes ago", but I just got a GCP and I'm interested in seeing if I can finally use my 11R in a live situation. I got the template loaded, so thanks for providing that.

I understand clearly that this is just a setup for the presets, but my question is this: I would like to be able to quickly switch between the user banks and the preset banks on the 11R. Right now it appears to me that if I wanted to do this, I would have to hit the bank button 20-something times to get from a preset bank to a user bank. Is that correct, or is there some tricky/cool way to assign one button to take me from the preset banks to the user banks and back?

tophat

Post by tophat »

well great thanks for John on this forum for trying to help me and Ben @ voodoo labs...but I just got my GCP back after having the memory dumps installed and they now work great with the exception that it does not line up with the eleven rack...so NONe of the presets are correct ...it says one thing on the GCP but the eleven rack is on a totally different preset so NONE of the control buttons 1 thru 8 are correct...I am completely at a loss as to the purpose of this memory dump...what is it for in the first place...