Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JohnClark

Re: Ground Control Pro + Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:well great thanks for John on this forum for trying to help me and Ben @ voodoo labs...but I just got my GCP back after having the memory dumps installed and they now work great with the exception that it does not line up with the eleven rack...so NONe of the presets are correct ...it says one thing on the GCP but the eleven rack is on a totally different preset so NONE of the control buttons 1 thru 8 are correct...I am completely at a loss as to the purpose of this memory dump...what is it for in the first place...

Hmm, the preset names are wrong or just the Preset location numbers don't match up?

For example, Preset 01 on the Ground Control Pro should recall patch A1 on the Eleven Rack. This is normal, but the preset names should both show "Big Blue".

I loaded your Ground Control Pro with the stock presets for an Eleven Rack with the Expansion Pack per the title of this thread... Did I goof by assuming that is the one you have?

There are three major variations of the Eleven Rack...

1. Eleven Rack as it originally launched. (Patch A1 = I think was Boulder Axe)
2. Eleven Rack with the added Avid Eleven Rack Expansion Pack. (Patch A1 = Big Blue)
3. Eleven Rack with the added Avid Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, but with custom presets from Sweetwater. (Patch A1 = JH Rock)

Did I load the wrong one?
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

jrichview wrote:Sorry for the lateness of this question. I realize this is "so 5 minutes ago", but I just got a GCP and I'm interested in seeing if I can finally use my 11R in a live situation. I got the template loaded, so thanks for providing that.

I understand clearly that this is just a setup for the presets, but my question is this: I would like to be able to quickly switch between the user banks and the preset banks on the 11R. Right now it appears to me that if I wanted to do this, I would have to hit the bank button 20-something times to get from a preset bank to a user bank. Is that correct, or is there some tricky/cool way to assign one button to take me from the preset banks to the user banks and back?
Oops! Sorry for the extreme lateness of the answer!

MIDI Program Change 105-127 should recall the first 23 user locations "a1" - "f3". If you reprogram a Ground Control Pro preset to send a Program Change within that range you will get one of the lower case "user presets".

I hope this gets to you to help!

tophat

Post by tophat »

JohnClark wrote:
tophat wrote:well great thanks for John on this forum for trying to help me and Ben @ voodoo labs...but I just got my GCP back after having the memory dumps installed and they now work great with the exception that it does not line up with the eleven rack...so NONe of the presets are correct ...it says one thing on the GCP but the eleven rack is on a totally different preset so NONE of the control buttons 1 thru 8 are correct...I am completely at a loss as to the purpose of this memory dump...what is it for in the first place...

Hmm, the preset names are wrong or just the Preset location numbers don't match up?

For example, Preset 01 on the Ground Control Pro should recall patch A1 on the Eleven Rack. This is normal, but the preset names should both show "Big Blue".

I loaded your Ground Control Pro with the stock presets for an Eleven Rack with the Expansion Pack per the title of this thread... Did I goof by assuming that is the one you have?

2. Eleven Rack with the added Avid Eleven Rack Expansion Pack. (Patch A1 = Big Blue)
3. Eleven Rack with the added Avid Eleven Rack Expansion Pack, but with custom presets from Sweetwater. (Patch A1 = JH Rock)

A1 jh rock that comes up under GCP 01 preset...but the preset for 01 one the GCP is big blue...pre set on the GCP A1 "black bruise"calls up preset K1 "km acoustic feel on the eleven rack...

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:A1 jh rock that comes up under GCP 01 preset...but the preset for 01 one the GCP is big blue...pre set on the GCP A1 "black bruise"calls up preset K1 "km acoustic feel on the eleven rack...
Ignoring the Ground Contorl Pro for a moment... on your Eleven Rack, when it shows patch A1, the screen reads "JH Rock"? If so, then you actually have your Eleven Rack loaded with the exclusive artist presets that only come on units sold by Sweetwater.
This would mean that we have been trying to load the wrong memory dump all along!

For what it's worth, I am kicking myself for not asking before loading this stuff for you! :oops:

I see from your email with Ben that upon returning to you it still didn't work until you swapped out a MIDI cable. Hopefully your troubles all stemmed from what looks to have been a failing MIDI cable and you can now load the correct Memory Dump for your Eleven Rack without having to resort to sending it in again.

If you want to try loading a Memory Dump again, use the Memory Dump file from this other thread post.

tophat

Post by tophat »

JohnClark wrote:

Halelujah PTL!!! the newer update worked perfectly and also the replaced midi cable fixed the original issue...so weird though because you and I did a test with a midi (if I remember correctly you gave me C1) and the midi test completed perfectly...maybe the cord was just in and out...not sure but today everything is finally A-OK...thnx so much John clark for all of your patience and wisdom...

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

tophat wrote:Halelujah PTL!!! the newer update worked perfectly and also the replaced midi cable fixed the original issue...so weird though because you and I did a test with a midi (if I remember correctly you gave me C1) and the midi test completed perfectly...maybe the cord was just in and out...not sure but today everything is finally A-OK...thnx so much John clark for all of your patience and wisdom...
Right On!!

Full Guitar

Post by Full Guitar »

Hola soy de Chile, necesito volcar el contenido de 11R a Ground control pro.

Necesito ayuda. Los enlaces / Link que dejaron en este post, ya no sirven.

Gracias

Jc

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Full Guitar wrote:Hola soy de Chile, necesito volcar el contenido de 11R a Ground control pro.

Necesito ayuda. Los enlaces / Link que dejaron en este post, ya no sirven.

Gracias

Jc

Hola!
Los enlaces han sido corregidos.
Lo siento por la incovenencia!

1harryr

Post by 1harryr »

I am new to this Forum and not very computer savvy. I just purchased a Voodoo Ground control for my Eleven Rack. I am not able to get the two to see each other. I tried the voodoo instruction manual but no success. I looked at you-tube but no success what am I doing wrong. cannot get the two to see each other.

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

1harryr wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:31 pm
I am new to this Forum and not very computer savvy. I just purchased a Voodoo Ground control for my Eleven Rack. I am not able to get the two to see each other. I tried the voodoo instruction manual but no success. I looked at you-tube but no success what am I doing wrong. cannot get the two to see each other.
Out of the box the Ground Control Pro presets should recall Eleven Rack presets with no setup necessary. Is there no activity at all?

Here are some things to check...
1. Check the MIDI Connections. You should be running from the Ground Control Pro MIDI Out to the Eleven Rack MIDI In. Note: Because the Ground Control Pro MIDI Out is a 7 Pin DIN jack it is possible to have the pins misaligned when using a standard MIDI Cable. Use care to ensure the MIDI Cable is inserted correctly with the dimple on its cable shield lined up correctly with the key-way in the MIDI Out jack.
2. What MIDI Channel are these set to use? Default for both the Ground Control Pro and the Eleven Rack is to use MIDI Channel Is it possible that this has been changed on either piece? For the Ground Control Pro look to the Device Name / Channel section of the Ground Control Pro manual under Setup Mode. If the Eleven Rack is your only MIDI Device you would want to make sure Device Slot #1 is set to use MID Channel 1.

Let us know if you get stuck!