Tap Tempo Pedal Build for the GCP

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
JohnClark

Re: Tap Tempo Pedal Build for the GCP

Post by JohnClark »

Currently, the Ground Control Pro will only accept a Latching switch.

I hope that helps!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

The Blue Letter

Post by The Blue Letter »

Has anyone successfully built a tap tempo for the GCP that has an LED in it to flash at the tempo rate?
loud, louder, loudest

Meanoldfireman

Post by Meanoldfireman »

Curious if this still requires a latching switch or if a Firmware revision for the GCP covers it.

Thanks

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Meanoldfireman wrote:Curious if this still requires a latching switch or if a Firmware revision for the GCP covers it.

Thanks
Ground Control Pro will not support a momentary switch connected to the Expression pedal port.

I hope that helps!

Meanoldfireman

Post by Meanoldfireman »

Thanks. I'll hunt around the shop for a latching switch. I just happened to have a momentary action one on my bench.

bettsaj

Post by bettsaj »

Could this foot switch be used to control tap tempo on a G-Force via the control input on the back of the G-Force??
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

David Gilmour

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

bettsaj wrote:Could this foot switch be used to control tap tempo on a G-Force via the control input on the back of the G-Force??
I doubt it... the G-Force External Control jack is wired for a "TS" (Mono) connection. This switch is wired for a "TRS" (Stereo) connection.

Good Luck!

bettsaj

Post by bettsaj »

So, in that case it could be adapted.... Any idea how it could be wired to work with a ts Jack.... Both my expression pedal inputs on my gcp are being used for pedals, and I'd like a tap tempo button without using up a button on the gcp
"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose, which creeps around. I'll never be a very fast guitar player."

David Gilmour

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

bettsaj wrote:So, in that case it could be adapted.... Any idea how it could be wired to work with a ts Jack.... Both my expression pedal inputs on my gcp are being used for pedals, and I'd like a tap tempo button without using up a button on the gcp
I'd think any off the shelf type switch would work with the G-Force, no need to fabricate one. However, the wiring for a TS jack would be to simply have the switch open or close the connection between the Tip and Sleeve.

Good Luck!

bettsaj

Post by bettsaj »

Of course..... I've looked at the cost and i have some bits lying around... I just need to buy a small enclosure and a momentary normally open switch. Cheaper and probably quicker to make one for what it is.

David Gilmour