marshall tsl 100 + G-Sharp +GCX Guitar + Behringer FCB1010

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
jacksonslave

marshall tsl 100 + G-Sharp +GCX Guitar + Behringer FCB1010

Post by jacksonslave »

hello
someone can help me to connect this setup so that i can change the channel of the amplifier through midi? to avoid walking to change channels and turn the delay while i switch the amp chennel
i want to connect G-sharp to my GCX Guitar Audio Switcher and a midi pedalboard FCB 1010 to when i want to make some solos i only push one button and i turn on the delay and switch to lead on my amplifier

cheers

sorry for my english

JohnClark

Re: marshall tsl 100 + G-Sharp +GCX Guitar + Behringer FCB1010

Post by JohnClark »

In order to use the GCX to control the Marshall's footswitchable functions you will need a custom cable. This cable will have the 6 pin DIN plug on one end that terminates out to multiple 1/4" ends. Here is a diagram someone would need in order to make this cable.

------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

jacksonslave

Post by jacksonslave »

i have this cable i plug each cable at one send of GCX
Attachments
GALLERY_GIT0002572-000_1_images400.jpg

evens1

Post by evens1 »

jacksonslave wrote:i have this cable i plug each cable at one send of GCX
Hi - Very helpful information. We just need to know where to get this adapter/connector you have pictured.

We are also adding two more multi-channel amps to the rig (a second Marshall TSL60 and a Ceriatone Overtone HRM) Besides these two additional amps, we are thinking about using a Roland Jazz Chorus to run our guitar synth system.

MIDI devices
we are using Eventide Ultraharmonizer H3000 (XLR in and outs) and Roland SX-700 (1/4" in and outs) and TC Electronics G-Force or 2290.

What are we going to need to run all these amp channels and be able to switch in our MIDI devices in parallel?

Thank you!

EV & Sue
Paradise Sound Arts
http://paradisesoundarts.com

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

What are we going to need to run all these amp channels and be able to switch in our MIDI devices in parallel?

A single loop of a GCX or single switch of the Control Switcher will control a single function on an amplifier. There are 8 functions alone between the two Marshal amps.
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

evens1

Post by evens1 »

JohnClark wrote:

A single loop of a GCX or single switch of the Control Switcher will control a single function on an amplifier. There are 8 functions alone between the two Marshal amps.

Thank you very much for the information, John

Sue

nicks3123

Re: marshall tsl 100 + G-Sharp +GCX Guitar + Behringer FCB

Post by nicks3123 »

Hey Y'all,

Appreciate the info on this topic. I just recently got a GCX + GCP and was looking for a way to control my Marshall TSL from them. I actually took what was suggested here and did something a little different. Given the issues everyone typically has with the TSL's footswitch cable going out, I had already modded the TSL's footswitch to have a female DIN connector (instead of the cable going directly into it) and a male-to-male MIDI cable to go from the head to the modded footswitch.

So, following the suggestions on this post, I built a breakout box with a female DIN connector on one side and 4 TS jacks on the other. I followed the wiring diagram, and bingo - it all worked just fine. I've attached some pics.

Thanks,

- Nick
Attachments
TSL GCX breakout box (4 x TS jacks)
TSL GCX breakout box (4 x TS jacks)
tsl-box-4xts.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 10353 times
TSL GCX breakout box (DIN-side)
TSL GCX breakout box (DIN-side)
tsl-box-6-pin-din.jpg (60.65 KiB) Viewed 10353 times
TSL GCX breakout box (inside)
TSL GCX breakout box (inside)
tsl-box-inside.jpg (83.29 KiB) Viewed 10353 times

Tazzytige

Post by Tazzytige »

Can you please send wiring diagram to achieve this also how has it worked since you made converter box?