Ground Control Pro +Eleven rack sweetwater patch memory dump

Q & A for building and interfacing your rack gear with Ground Control Pro and GCX-based systems.
gtrman1263

Ground Control Pro +Eleven rack sweetwater patch memory dump

Post by gtrman1263 »

in case you have a sweetwater eleven rack..here are the patch dumps for the artist presets and a few of the factory up until number 127...
Attachments
11RSWS_GCP113.rar
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 3084 times

ncffmedic

Re: Ground Control Pro +Eleven rack sweetwater patch memory

Post by ncffmedic »

You are friggin awesome! :o I just got my ground control a couple of days ago and was hoping someone had posted these.
A couple of the banks don't exactly line up for me around AD and KM but I'm sure as hell not complaining! Thanks!

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

Right on!

Stickied... For your pleasure!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

gtrman1263

Post by gtrman1263 »

my apologies if something was not quite where it should be... hehehehe when i got my eleven rack i had troublke figuring out the output settings... in other words all the presets sounding pretty samo...what i didnt realize was the outputs were not set for amp use , i was just getting the clean input signal ...to make a long story short i used my line 6 mentality quotient and reset the memory... i had to re install all the sweetwater presets and they may have not dumped in the same order they were when i got it but at least this will get folks started ...enjoy...

storm

Post by storm »

New Member here. GCP controlling 11R and Pod HD Pro as well as sending signals to our show control computer.

Thanks for the dump. I also saved my own before I started playing around too much.

My question though is, how do you actually edit the content of these files? I tried in a text editor to replace the sweetwater patch names on (no data) and somehow I get all the characters screwed up.

Is there software I can use that will read this data? I'd really like to type all the patch names on the computer and send the data back.

solidwalnut

Post by solidwalnut »

In regard to the SW build, and in regard to overwriting some of those patches: Is it necessary to perform a MIDI dump in order to transfer new rig names and utilized rig FX info to a Ground Control Pro?

In the SW version, the top 8 buttons are mapped to the 8 11R FX buttons. I know that you can manually edit the LED state by simply entering the edit mode on the GCP, switching the LED and then exit the edit mode and 'save', but I assume that a MIDI dump would overwrite the current LED states.

Is this correct? If so, please make a recommendation on:

A great MIDI editor
How to retrieve the current MIDI states from the 11R

Thanks!
Steve

nyteowl

Post by nyteowl »

It's always best to do a MIDI dump to preserve your work.

When importing a new sysex file to your GCPro it will overwrite everything, One cannot just import select rigs.

Please see the section entitled
MIDI CC Reference on Page 104 of your 11-Rack manual. Also, Chapter 11 in your manual is full of MIDI information, and Chapter 13 contains information on how to back up your 11-Rack settings.

Click here to access a web-based GCPro editor that you may find useful.

Hope this helps...

For Sale: Original DMC GCX in Excellent Condition ($275) and a far more versatile SoundSculpture GL also in Excellent Condition ($1750). Free CONUS Shipping.

memoryboy13

Post by memoryboy13 »

Hello, new to the GCP, I was able to get the sysex dump to the gcp, however none of the buttons when pressed are responding on the 11r. Is there a particular setting I need to change on the 11r or on the GCP to make sure the 11r is receiving midi messages? I have 11r set to omni, and the GCP displays the default preset patch names but no action takes place when a button is pressed, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Gabriel
(Memory boy)

JohnClark

Post by JohnClark »

memoryboy13 wrote:Hello, new to the GCP, I was able to get the sysex dump to the gcp, however none of the buttons when pressed are responding on the 11r. Is there a particular setting I need to change on the 11r or on the GCP to make sure the 11r is receiving midi messages? I have 11r set to omni, and the GCP displays the default preset patch names but no action takes place when a button is pressed, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Gabriel
(Memory boy)
Make sure you are connecting the MIDI Out of the Ground Control Pro to the MIDI In on the Eleven Rack. Also, since the Ground Control Pro has a 7 Pin DIN jack it is actually possible to force a standard 5 Pin cable in with the pins misaligned... so check carefully that you have the cable inserted properly.

Let us know if you get stuck!
------------------====Cheers!====------------------
---------==Voodoo Lab Magician & Tech==---------

memoryboy13

Post by memoryboy13 »

Awesome. What happened was instead of using my interfaces midi out to send the sysex I used the eleven rack, when I reconnected 11r midi in to the interfaces out it was able to control the changes. I'm guessing that was a midi loop?

Thanks so much for your reply, I knew it had to be some user error. As for changing the presets to user presets, if I store them in the slot A1 I know they won't reflect the title of the patch but will they reflect the change to the 11r patch as far as the settings go? I'll read the manual to figure out changing the preset name. Thanks again!

-Gabriel